Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Two Network Cf Cards?
OESF Forums > General Forums > General Support and Discussion > General Discussion
Joshp
Is there any why that I could plug in two cf network cards into a sl-5500?

JP
kahm
QUOTE(Joshp @ Jun 24 2007, 02:33 PM)
Is there any why that I could plug in two cf network cards into a sl-5500?

JP

Very much no.

They make CF->PCMCIA adapters, but I don't think you can convert 1 CF slot into 2 PCMCIA slots.

The 6000 could do it with a sled.

A 3100 or 3200 might be able to do it with a lot of software work, by replacing the internal MD.

You could use any of the USB host enabled devices and use one CF, one USB adapter. Or 2 USB adapters. Or use a 6000's wireless, + a CF card.

Or use the USB client function to plug it into a computer and use the computer's network card.

I can't think of any other dual network combos unless you don't care about speed and want to incorporate serial or IR?

Most of your options completely eliminate the 5500, though.

*edit*

Oh! Thought of another one. Get the CF->USB card and a pair of USB adapters.
Joshp
Ya I figured, my idea is just as crazy though. I want to turn my 5500 with a broken screen into a firewall for my network. Was just trying to figure out some ideas.

JP
T3_slider
That would be one slow firewall...
Joshp
Well I never said it would be fast, mostly for a back up in case my main one goes down. And just to see if it can be done.

JP
Da_Blitz
well it would be faster than 90% of the home routers that people have (mips 200Mhz 32MB of ram)

it could be done with a c3xxx series (and quite nicly, seems like a good use for the ones that are getting sold) but usb is your best bet

you could have a firewall with one interface with vlans (crazy) or by making it the gateway but i would consider it non safe for production use
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.