Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A Pdaxrom Development Issue
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Distro Support and Discussion > pdaXrom
Capn_Fish
I'm trying to do some programming in FLTK, but am running into issues. The ZGCC image has FLTK in it (1.1.4), but I built and installed my own(1.1.7). Is there a way to mount the squash file rw so I can remove FLTK from it? I'm getting wierd errors when I try to build apps that stop them from building. I'm assuming it's due to this because the same code compiles fine on my Debian box (FLTK 1.1.7).

Thanks.
adf
you could maybe mount it, copy it some place, edit it and re squash it. ?
warning, though; pdaX (at least ii13) uses an older squashfs (v2) that won't read from the current version (3)
Capn_Fish
QUOTE(adf @ Jul 3 2007, 05:19 PM)
you could maybe mount it, copy it some place, edit it and re squash it. ?
warning, though; pdaX (at least ii13) uses an older squashfs (v2) that won't read from the current version (3)

I thought squash was supposed to be RW and cram wassupposed to be RO? So why can't I just edit the file when it's mounted?

As for your suggestion, is it hard to make a squash file? I think I saw a how-to somewhere... Also, do I make a folder called 3.4.6-xscale-softvfp and put the stuff there then make the squashfs, or do I make it out of the contents of that folder?

Thanks for your help.

EDIT: Oh, and if it gets me more help, I may or may not be doing this FLTK programming to make a GUI for Wlanconfig2 wink.gif
adf
yay fltk!

You know-- I'm not sure if you make the squashfs out of the folder or contents... try both? Or look at the script that mounts the image, maybe?

makesquashfs -h should get you through

btw I'm not sure how you'd make the squashfs out of just the contents leaving the top-level dir out of it. probably the same as doing it in tar (which I don't know either)
Someone care to explain? It can't be that tough....

remember-- unless we upgrade the squashfs module on pdax (beta1-3, anyway) you need to use a v.2 compatible squash ( I keep saying this because I run into it on my server making squashes for my Z)

ANyway, making a squash isn't too time consuming, a little trial and error won't lose a big chunk of your day, or anything.
pungipungi
QUOTE(Capn_Fish @ Jul 3 2007, 10:48 PM)
I'm trying to do some programming in FLTK, but am running into issues. The ZGCC image has FLTK in it (1.1.4), but I built and installed my own(1.1.7). Is there a way to mount the squash file rw so I can remove FLTK from it? I'm getting wierd errors when I try to build apps that stop them from building. I'm assuming it's due to this because the same code compiles fine on my Debian box (FLTK 1.1.7).

Thanks.

As I understand you get errors during compiling or linking?

Have you tried to install includes and library direct on the zaurus and set compiler switches to include and link first against this.

Then you know if that's the issue and can add the apropriate includes and libraries later on to the zgcc system.

By the was: I did also a lot of things in fltk but switched to efltk (see home link below) ...
Capn_Fish
It seems that my FLTK build somehow got broken, as even after removing the stuff from the zgcc image, it didn't work. I made a new build, and all is well.

As a side note, I discovered that a good way to get the dev env to mount automatically is to make a ~50MB partition on the microdrive and set it to mount to /opt/...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.