Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sl3100 Sd Boot Kernel + Modules
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Distro Support and Discussion > pdaXrom
Deviant25
Hi, i was wondering if someone could compile a 2.6 kernel and modules for me to be used under u-boot, that looks for the sd card for root to boot instead of the internal micro drive on the 3100? I am wanting to do that the u-boot + debian thread describes, but the link for the 3100 kernel that boots off the sd card is down. I currently away from home and don't have access to build things.

Thanks
Chero
QUOTE(Deviant25 @ Jul 5 2007, 01:40 AM)
Hi, i was wondering if someone could compile a 2.6 kernel and modules for me to be used under u-boot, that looks for the sd card for root to boot instead of the internal micro drive on the 3100? I am wanting to do that the u-boot + debian thread describes, but the link for the 3100 kernel that boots off the sd card is down. I currently away from home and don't have access to build things.

Thanks

What do you want to boot ?

The "original" uboot can do it already, if you want to boot pdaX from SD or internal MD.

Chero.
Deviant25
QUOTE(Chero @ Jul 5 2007, 07:50 AM)

Thanks

The "original" uboot can do it already, if you want to boot pdaX from SD or internal MD.

Chero.

I was looking to boot the armel debian from the "debian+uboot" thread, i've gotten it to boot off hda1 on the microdrive, but that was after flashing a new kernel in that thread and putting the modules in the debian root on hda1.

How can I set uboot to boot debian from SD without flashing a new kernel?
Chero
QUOTE(Deviant25 @ Jul 5 2007, 01:00 PM)

Thanks

Chero.

I was looking to boot the armel debian from the "debian+uboot" thread, i've gotten it to boot off hda1 on the microdrive, but that was after flashing a new kernel in that thread and putting the modules in the debian root on hda1.

Try holding "1", "2", "3" or "4" when booting.
I guess "1" is for "SD".

Chero.
Deviant25
QUOTE(Chero @ Jul 5 2007, 03:04 PM)
QUOTE(Deviant25 @ Jul 5 2007, 01:00 PM)

Thanks

Chero.

Try holding "1", "2", "3" or "4" when booting.
I guess "1" is for "SD".

Chero.

thanks, that does choose the rootfs!

but i have another problem now, with the default pdaxrom kernel if i do this, then it sits forever at:

freeing init memory: 80k

regardless of what i choose, any idea? this does not happen with the modified kernel from the uboot + debian thread that boots off hda1
Chero
QUOTE(Deviant25 @ Jul 5 2007, 05:24 PM)
thanks, that does choose the rootfs!

but i have another problem now, with the default pdaxrom kernel if i do this, then it sits forever at:

freeing init memory: 80k

regardless of what i choose, any idea? this does not happen with the modified kernel from the uboot + debian thread that boots off hda1

The kernels are not compatible. As far as I know there is no kernel available (yet) that works for debian-armel and pdaXrom.

I'm only using this "triple boot" system to boot different configs of pdaXrom.

Chero.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.