Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Evolution Mail Client?
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Distro Support and Discussion > pdaXrom
VirtusRex
Hey guys,

I just found the linux equivalent of outlook, it's call Evolution. I really would like to setup this app on my sl-c1000 running pdaxii13. Has anybody installed this app on their zaurus???

If yes, what do I need and how do I do it? I noticed an ipk called evolution-data-server, but from what I can tell it's the backend to evolution.

Any advice would be appreciated,

VirtusRex
desertrat
Evolution is buggy and slow, it's probably a good idea to steer clear of it smile.gif
Capn_Fish
Sylpheed does a good job with e-mail (even with half the "minimum" RAM it requires), if that's what you're looking for. It's lightweight and works.
ofels
QUOTE(Capn_Fish @ Jul 14 2007, 01:55 AM)
Sylpheed does a good job with e-mail (even with half the "minimum" RAM it requires), if that's what you're looking for. It's lightweight and works.

Even more I found claws-mail to be a rather good alternative (based on Sylpheed) because it provides plugins for usenet and RSS feeds as well...

Oliver
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.