Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Angstrom And .pdbs
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Distro Support and Discussion > Angstrom & OpenZaurus
Storm
Angstrom looks oustanding! Kudos to the devs as usual for making it happen.

I have a question. While I would love to upgrade from OZ, one of the major apps I use (both personally and professionally) is Opie-reader. I have spent the last couple of years gathering hundreds of pieces of documentation via plucker for stuff I use on a daily basis. My Collie has become my mobile library.

I have skimmed the repos, but didn't see a replacement for Opie-reader, which is the only tool I have found that will read pdb files.

Anyone got a good way to either read them in Angstrom or convert them to, say, html?

Also, what browser options are available?

Thanks,
--Storm
tanjian2
QUOTE(Storm @ Jul 19 2007, 07:23 PM)

I have a question. While I would love to upgrade from OZ, one of the major apps I use (both personally and professionally) is Opie-reader. I have spent the last couple of years gathering hundreds of pieces of documentation via plucker for stuff I use on a daily basis. My Collie has become my mobile library.

I have skimmed the repos, but didn't see a replacement for Opie-reader, which is the only tool I have found that will read pdb files.

Anyone got a good way to either read them in Angstrom or convert them to, say, html?

Thanks,
--Storm

Don't use Angstrom so not sure but FBreader is great on pdaxrom - does everything cept pdf - if I could get it to do pdf then I would have only one and the same doc reader for all my stuff.
koen
QUOTE(Storm @ Jul 19 2007, 07:23 PM)

Thanks,
--Storm

It would be possible to build uqtreader for you, the qt4-x11 version of opie-reader.
Storm
QUOTE(koen @ Jul 19 2007, 06:47 PM)
It would be possible to build uqtreader for you, the qt4-x11 version of opie-reader.

Thanks Koen,

That would be excellent...

--Storm
ofels
QUOTE(Storm @ Jul 20 2007, 04:26 PM)

Thanks Koen,

Just to make sure- koen did not say that he will do this wink.gif

Someone will still have to write the appropriate recipes into OpenEmbedded (and maybe provide the appropriate patches).

Oliver
koen
QUOTE(ofels @ Jul 21 2007, 08:17 AM)
QUOTE(Storm @ Jul 20 2007, 04:26 PM)

Thanks Koen,

Just to make sure- koen did not say that he will do this wink.gif

Someone will still have to write the appropriate recipes into OpenEmbedded (and maybe provide the appropriate patches).

Like the one Michael Krelin did a few weeks ago: http://www.openembedded.org/repo/org.opene...qtreader_cvs.bb ?
grog
QUOTE(koen @ Jul 21 2007, 03:58 AM)

Like the one Michael Krelin did a few weeks ago: [url=http://www.openembedded.org/repo/org.openembedded.dev/packages/opie-reader/uqtreader_cvs.bbhttp://www.openembedded.org/repo/org.opene...qtreader_cvs.bb[/url] ?

I'd love to see that too. How do those of us yet without build environments have something compiled? Post a request in the bugtracker?
rolf
QUOTE(grog @ Jul 23 2007, 09:41 PM)
How do those of us yet without build environments have something compiled? Post a request in the bugtracker?

At the time, I considered this question, I would have answered "yes".
grog
QUOTE(rolf @ Jul 23 2007, 04:37 PM)
QUOTE(grog @ Jul 23 2007, 09:41 PM)
How do those of us yet without build environments have something compiled? Post a request in the bugtracker?
At the time, I considered this question, I would have answered "yes".

Now that you point that out, I now remember reading that rolleyes.gif . But regardless, of course by the time I get back to this, there it is! kewl
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.