Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Zaurus Ide-cs Dma Support
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Distro Support and Discussion > pdaXrom
realm
if i'm reading this reference document which says the pxa270 should support dma mode 0 1 at least.

http://www.xilinx.com/publications/xcellon...38_57-iwave.pdf

right now hdparm -tT /dev/hda lists 1.7 Mb/sec transfer rates. no dma or 32 bit io. everytime i tried to enable 32 bit io my z crashed. everytime i tried to enable dma (hdparm -d 1 /dev/hda) i got - HDIO_SET_DMA failed: Operation not permitted.

i'm going to keep googling about this, but has anyone out there got dma working on their z?
ernestus
Does the microdrive (or any other cf memory) support DMA transfers? I am not sure of that.

Cheers
pelrun
The CF interface is only 16-bit, so 32-bit transfers are out of the question. Additionally, the PXA270 dma lines arent connected to anything in the Z as far as I can tell (certainly not to the Scoop CF controllers) so DMA is unavailable too. sad.gif
realm
the new 8 gig and 16 gig high end cf cards suport dma
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.