Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Better Version For A C1000
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Distro Support and Discussion > pdaXrom
scoutme
I need to configure a C1000 for a friend with the stablest release possible. Any hint?
HoloVector
QUOTE(scoutme @ Jul 21 2007, 05:18 AM)
I need to configure a C1000 for a friend with the stablest release possible. Any hint?

pdaXii13 Akita 5.4.7 with the Full upgrade installed to SD running iceWM as the window manager is the stablest and most feature rich pdaXrom build you can get for the 1000. Make sure that when you do the Full Upgrade that the desktop ends up looking like that one on the website with the pdaXrom withatwist background and tons of icons to the apps. If you get a blank background with just a Home icon then you have an incomplete install probably thanks to downloading it with Internet Explorer. I recommend downloading it with wget. You can check your downloads with the checksums that Meanie provided.

Here are the links to the site

Akita 5.4.7 install files and instructions

Full Upgrade file and screenshots
scoutme
flashed, but my pretec wifi don't work anymore. Can't fine a solution: any hint?
HoloVector
Sorry, no I don't. It works fine with my Buffalo AirStation WLI2-CF-S11 and my Symbol Spectrum24 LA-4137 wireless cards.
T3_slider
I thought Meanie had fixed this, but in an older thread ( http://www.oesf.org/forums/index.php?showt...23918&hl=pretec ) he advised deleting /etc/pcmcia/wlags49.conf and if that doesn't work also try deleting /etc/pcmcia/agere and /etc/pcmcia/hermes. He seemed to have fixed it before though, so it's strange that it isn't working in the new 5.4.7 version.
scoutme
I'll tell my friend to try this cleanup
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.