Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Suspend Not Working In Oz
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Model Specific Forums > 5x00 General discussions
jdralphs
I'm running Hentges 3.5.4.1 rom, with lots of cool stuff added after the fact ... but when i hold cancel to suspend my Z, it freezes and I have to flip the battery switch. Not cool. Anyone else have this problem, know how to further troubleshoot it, or even fix it?
chrisl
QUOTE(jdralphs @ Aug 7 2007, 02:55 AM)
I'm running Hentges 3.5.4.1 rom, with lots of cool stuff added after the fact ... but when i hold cancel to suspend my Z, it freezes and I have to flip the battery switch.  Not cool.  Anyone else have this problem, know how to further troubleshoot it, or even fix it?

Yes, it was a VERY BIG problem for me. That is why I do not use that ROM anymore.

Chris--
Greg2
QUOTE(jdralphs @ Aug 7 2007, 04:55 AM)
I'm running Hentges 3.5.4.1 rom, with lots of cool stuff added after the fact ... but when i hold cancel to suspend my Z, it freezes

That's the old suspend bug. Suspending with the menu works OK using that Kernel and Image.
jdralphs
is there any way to hack around that?
psion_mf
Yes, there's a workaround...

Put this in a file (suspend.sh):
CODE
#!/bin/sh
echo 1 >/proc/sys/pm/suspend

Now make an entry for the launcher (e.g. for the Settings tab in /opt/QtPalmtop/apps/Settings/suspend.desktop):

CODE
[Desktop Entry]
Exec=/path/to/suspend.sh
File=Unknown
Icon=exit
Type=Application
Name=Suspend

Now you have to suspend your Z using this entry in the launcher or in the Opie menu.
You have to reload the icons for the entry to appear.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2015 Invision Power Services, Inc.