Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Zisofs Pdaxii13 5.4.8
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Distro Support and Discussion > pdaXrom
adf
I had been able (through the installation of what, I don't know--maybe kde??) on my previous 5.4.7 system to run mkzftree. My Z no longer knows that command, afer a clean install of 5.4.8. On checking around, I found that I couldn't find either the isofs modules or any zisofs tools packaged for the Z on 2.4.20.

suggestions?
climber
The following file: http://www.tyrannozaurus.com/feed/beta3/fe...01_armv5tel.ipk

includes the tool mkisofs.

Regards
climber
adf
QUOTE(climber @ Aug 10 2007, 04:01 AM)
The following file:  http://www.tyrannozaurus.com/feed/beta3/fe...01_armv5tel.ipk

includes the tool mkisofs.

Regards
climber

Thanks, but it is alreadyinstalled. it will mkisofs, but not do the mkzftree step needed to make a zisofs afaik. installed cdriso, too...
adf
Well--I just dl'd and compiled zisofs-tools. took seconds smile.gif all is well, especially in that it depended on stuff I had already installed in my quest to mkzfstree.

incidentally, while screwing around with my new 5.4.8 setup, I installed all of the modukes from the "sound" thread (didn't know if they were already in) and installed all of kkakazov's libraries. all seems to be running smooothly.
climber
Did you create a ipk from the zisofs-tools? It would be greate to use the mkzfstree too :-)

Regards
climber
adf
QUOTE(climber @ Aug 12 2007, 10:47 PM)
Did you create a ipk from the zisofs-tools?  It would be greate to use the mkzfstree too :-)

Regards
climber

I didn't. I suppose I should. At the moment, my Z is running tidy on custom version of the gutenberg librabry (all texts in .txt in English) preparatory to making a 22000 book ziso . It is taking a loooong time (the original iso was 10.5 gigs--I have my Z hooked up to a 320G usb hd to do this, and I'm beginning to suspect I should not have done the thing with a single index page). So, here is the link to the sources. The whole thing is small and compiles with no special tweaks in a matter of seconds. I'll shoot for the .ipk when my Z is available smile.gif (of course, I'm playing with zipedia, too)

--of course, this is why I was hoping someone with a 2.95 cross complier set up would compile a newer (3.0-3.1.2) squashfs module -it allows tighter compression and smaller files than zisofs. I guess I'll get around to it, but I haven't done any module building since playing with Guylhem Rom on my 6k
climber
I just dowloaded the zisofs-tools-1.0.8.tar.gz file. After that
I want to unpack it on the zaurus with:

tar xvf zisofs-tools-1.0.8.tar.gz

but I get the following error message:

Cannot change ownership to uid1026,gid 1026: Operation not permitted

Hmm, what goes wrong???
climber
Ok, I should google before I ask.

This opperation can't be done on vfat! Copy the files to ext3 on zaurus it works fine.

Next problem: ./configure failed because no gcc found :-(
climber
adf,

I compiled it succesfull and now I want to create a ipk for later installations but I dont' know how to do it. I didt this never before!

Could you please write down the different steps you will need for creating a ipk of the zisofs-tools! Please !!!

This would be very helpful for me to compile more apps and create new ipk :-)

Regards
climber
Capn_Fish
http://www.tyrannozaurus.com/?q=wiki/Creating_IPKs

Let me know if there is something that's not clear so I can fix it.
adf
QUOTE(Capn_Fish @ Aug 13 2007, 07:12 AM)
http://www.tyrannozaurus.com/?q=wiki/Creating_IPKs

Let me know if there is something that's not clear so I can fix it.

Glad to hear this is moving along! My Z is still running tidy on an extracted gutenberg iso....
climber
Capn_Fish,

thanks for helping me! I will try to create a ipk from the zisofs-tools on the side
http://freshmeat.net/projects/zisofs-tools/ because compiling and running the apps works fine on my zaurus.

Following the instructions the first thing is to check whether the following command returns anything:

grep DESTDIR Makefile

I got nothing back so I suppose that the variable DESTDIR isn't set. Is this normal?

Further you write ....... "If the above step worked (returned stuff) type this command:

make DESTDIR=/temp-place-to-install-stuff/appname/Data/ install

Should I execute this command too although DESTDIR isn't set?

Thanks
climber

SL-C3100 & pdaXii13 v5.4.7
Capn_Fish
As far as I know, it's not supposed to work if
CODE
grep DESTDIR Makefile

returned nothing, but in some cases I have had it work.

There are a couple things you could do if it doesn't work. You could set an odd prefix when building the stuff (like /usr/local/MYINSTALL), install it, copy the tree to the plce where you are building your ipk, move the data from /usr/local/MYINSTALL to /usr, then edit the packageconfig file (packagename.pc, I believe) and change the prefix there. It should work then.

I asked the same question a while back, and Meanie had some good info. Look for a thread with "destdir" in the name, and you should find it.

Hope that helps.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.