Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gpe 2.8 Apps Under Pdaxii13 Latest
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Distro Support and Discussion > pdaXrom
danboid
Its that time again folks!

Yes, Meestah Menay has graced us with another new pdaXii13 release and so danboid instantly gets to dreaming about having a fast, light and compatible browser to run under it. Has anyone got round to trying the recently released GPE 2.8 versions of gpe-minibrowser and gpe-calendar under pdaXii13? Do these apps work yet? How about under Angstrom or the new pdaXrom?

Any other progress been made in the quest for a decent Z browser?
Capn_Fish
I'm waiting for the GTK WebCore people to make a new release.
adf
QUOTE(Capn_Fish @ Aug 11 2007, 02:40 PM)
I'm waiting for the GTK WebCore people to make a new release.

I'm more inclined to believe webkit will make a suitable browser, but if GTK WebCore improves, that will do too smile.gif
danboid
I have zero interest in curses/text browsers like links so are dillo and FF still the only GUI browser options for pdaX?

Has anyone tried a recent build of Webkit/Webcore under pdaXii13? Was it stable?
Capn_Fish
Links2 has a graphical mode, and there are still old builds of Minimo and Konqueror-embedded floating around.
adf
QUOTE(danboid @ Aug 13 2007, 06:19 AM)
I have zero interest in curses/text browsers like links so are dillo and FF still the only GUI browser options for pdaX?

Has anyone tried a recent build of Webkit/Webcore under pdaXii13? Was it stable?

I built it with no tinkering on my dapper desktop--- works, but needs some enhancements-- lacked menus, that sort of thing. I think the hold up on pdaXrom is getting QT4 libraries to compile it with. There is definitely potential, though
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.