Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Vnc
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Distro Support and Discussion > Sharp ROMs
ljonesj
is there a viewer i could use to control a win98 machine remotely
Meanie
QUOTE(ljonesj @ Aug 11 2007, 03:23 AM)

how about VNC Viewer?
ljonesj
ok
TimW
QUOTE(ljonesj @ Aug 10 2007, 05:23 PM)

I added some of the higher compression modes to Keypebble and compiled a version for the Sharp ROM. You can get it from this thread.
ME-tan
Interesting. Using Keypebble i'm getting a white screen when connecting to an XP bod with RealVNC free version installed. I can view this from other boxes fine. I also have fb vnc server installed on the Z and I can see the screen. I don't however get keypresses or mouse clicks transmitted on the device. This is connecting over a CF ethernet card.
tux
QUOTE(ME-tan @ Aug 15 2007, 09:05 PM)
Interesting. Using Keypebble i'm getting a white screen when connecting to an XP bod with RealVNC free version installed. I can view this from other boxes fine. I also have fb vnc server installed on the Z and I can see the screen. I don't however get keypresses or mouse clicks transmitted on the device. This is connecting over a CF ethernet card.

cool.gif Hi ME-tan,

you need to do a little tweak to get the mouse clicks to work in fbvncserver. I'd recommend you uninstall it first.. starting with a clean sheet as it were.

Then install the ipk. Then tap the top left of the screen, then the bottom right. Ignore any reactions from your zaurus. This should calibrate the fbvncserver 'mouse' and let you run your zaurus programs from your desktop.

This has to be done directly after installation. I sometimes reboot the machine out of pure superstition!

By the way if you go and look at this url SDG systems you'll find clear instructions and the download links for the various versions of the software. The site has some very useful downloads for the Zs. biggrin.gif

The business with vncviewer might be sorted by looking for 'teakettle' in these forums and reading TIMW's comments. wink.gif or better still clicking on the link in Tim's post!! rolleyes.gif
ME-tan
fbvnc server now working fine thanks to that tip. Teakettle shows me a picture but for some reason i'm only able to send vowels over the keyboard. Anyone else getting this?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.