Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Voip With Pdaxii13
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Distro Support and Discussion > pdaXrom
Gatu
Hi,

I know that there was already a thread but this was some time ago and I see no final conclusion from it.

Which of the several kphone variants and other similar programs (ekiga, linphone) has best chance to work decently with sip providers?

I tried kphone 4.xx somd time ago (possibly it was 4.04) and after some tries I got it working but I was not so happy with the gui.

Is there anything better now? Does Ekiga already work with Pdaxii13? When I tried it last time it would not even start.

Br,
Gatu
portalgod
QUOTE(Gatu @ Aug 12 2007, 02:23 AM)
Hi,

I know that there was already a thread but this was some time ago and I see no final conclusion from it.

Which of the several kphone variants and other similar programs (ekiga, linphone) has best chance to work decently with sip providers?

I tried kphone 4.xx somd time ago (possibly it was 4.04) and after some tries I got it working but I was not so happy with the gui.

Is there anything better now? Does Ekiga already work with Pdaxii13? When I tried it last time it would not even start.

Br,
Gatu

Under Pdaxii13 I use sipphone.com and kphonesi 1.0.2. Works perfectly once you select the right codecs.
Gatu
Hi portalgod,

thanks for your reply :-)

From which feed did you take kphonesi and sipphone?
And which codecs did you use?

I never tried sipphone but I remember that kphonesi would somewhere work on my Zaurus but not really well...

Thanks,
Gatu
kkazakov13
Isn't sipphone just the service? not a client ? sipphone.com
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.