Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wammu Compilation For Pdaxii13/pdaxrom Beta3
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Distro Support and Discussion > pdaXrom
zedkatuf2
I've tried compiling wammu ( http://wammu.eu/ ) myself, but so far without success. sad.gif

The steps are roughly as follows, which I've attempted on my 3200 using the 3.4.6 gcc squashfs from Meanie's site :

1)Compile cmake (needed for gammu). DONE
2) Compile gammu with shared library support (needed for python-gammu) - FAILS (can supply details if needbe - I'll pastebin the output soon & post URL here on oesf)
3) Compile python-gammu NOT DONE
4) Compile wammu NOT DONE

If anyone wants to try to do it & package up the needed ipk's I'd be very grateful.

Cheers,

zedkatuf2
zedkatuf2
QUOTE(zedkatuf2 @ Aug 16 2007, 06:42 PM)
I've tried compiling wammu ( http://wammu.eu/ ) myself, but so far without success. sad.gif

BTW: reason for wanting wammu on my Z is because, despite about 5 hours of hair-pulling, my laptop WON'T pair with my phone (tried everything), but with EXACTLY the same config on my Zaurus, the same USB BT dongle pairs with it seemlessly............. smile.gif
zmiq2
Zed...

so the problem is with your laptop or the zaurus?

I think it's much easier to get the bluetooth part working rather than having wammu compiled ...

HTH
zedkatuf2
QUOTE(zmiq2 @ Aug 20 2007, 12:02 PM)
Zed...

so the problem is with your laptop or the zaurus?

I think it's much easier to get the bluetooth part working rather than having wammu compiled ...

HTH

....good point - I was hoping to make my zaurus my main PIm machine (which it is really) & then use the laptop for backups.....anyway, got bluetooth working OK on the lappy now (I think pairing started working after I installed kbluepin helper).

It'd be nice to have it working someday on my Z though smile.gif In the meantime, I'm getting used to gammu & gnokii smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2016 Invision Power Services, Inc.