Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mez2000
OESF Forums > General Forums > General Support and Discussion > New products and alternatives
Well, most will probably not be interested in this, but Aceeca has released details about two new PDAs that will run Linux (note that they also run WM -- ie you get a choice). The reason I say most people won't be interested is because Aceeca is kind of an odd company. They sell rugged and waterproof PDAs as far as I know, and previously sold only PalmOS PDAs. See their website here:

The MEZ2000 looks like a powerhouse of a PDA to me with all the fixin's (although quite big). I guess if you're into kayaking or something and need to check your e-mail (wow, that's an odd scenario) this may just be for you. A little expensive too ($700), but it's basically customized for you (I think).

Let me just say that I know very little about this company, but just happened across their new PDA offerings and figured I'd jump on the bandwagon and report.
VERY cool!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2016 Invision Power Services, Inc.