Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cellwriter
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Distro Support and Discussion > pdaXrom
Chero
This just works on pdaXrom (r198):

Cellwriter homepage

Click to view attachment

It's a tool to input text through the screen. I teached it to recognise my handwriting in 10 minutes !

Having fun,
Chero.
deniscallies
Hey cool,
where to download it? wanna check it on my c1000....

thanks, Denis
Capn_Fish
I've got it built for r198, and it'll be up in my feed shortly.

EDIT:
http://www.techassassins.com/Zaurus/feed/c....0_armv5tel.ipk
Chero
QUOTE(Capn_Fish @ Aug 22 2007, 10:33 PM)
I've got it built for r198, and it'll be up in my feed shortly.

EDIT:
http://www.techassassins.com/Zaurus/feed/c....0_armv5tel.ipk

Thanks Capn_Fish,

I fell asleep last night before I had a chance to post the ipk ...

Awake again,
Chero.
kkazakov13
Well, it kinda not works correctly. All symbols I try to write, starts from the last stylus touch to the screen, and whatever i try to enter is distorted. Otherwise - it works, sort of.

That's on B3
Chero
QUOTE(kkazakov13 @ Aug 23 2007, 06:52 AM)
Well, it kinda not works correctly. All symbols I try to write, starts from the last stylus touch to the screen, and whatever i try to enter is distorted. Otherwise - it works, sort of.

That's on B3

I only have this last-stylus-position-thing when I focused another app. Rewriting the first letter does the trick for me.

Chero.
climber
I use pdaXii13 v5.4.7 from Meanie.

When I run "cellwriter" I got the following error messages:

(cellwriter:8765): Warning **; Failed to open user's word frequency file '/home/root/.cellwriter/profile

** (cellwriter:8765): Warning **: Cannot block bad keycode 138, out of range

.... keycode 144
.....keycode 151
... and so on ....

cellwriter: relocation error: cellwriter: undefined symbol: gtk_status_icon_new_from_file

Any ideas?

Regards
climber
ZDevil
That's a very interesting addition. Thanks, Chero for bringing this up. wink.gif
Capn_Fish
The build I did was for r198, which will probably have issues running under ii13/betas 1-3.

I haven't figured out how to make it actually input anything. Is it just me, or is there a trick?
Chero
QUOTE(Capn_Fish @ Aug 23 2007, 04:52 PM)
The build I did was for r198, which will probably have issues running under ii13/betas 1-3.

I haven't figured out how to make it actually input anything. Is it just me, or is there a trick?

First teach it you're handwriting.
Then focus eg. leafpad. Use cellwriter to write -> tap or press "enter" to send it to the focused app (eg.leafpad).

Works for me.

Chero.
kkazakov13
QUOTE(Chero @ Aug 23 2007, 09:36 AM)
QUOTE(kkazakov13 @ Aug 23 2007, 06:52 AM)

That's on B3

I only have this last-stylus-position-thing when I focused another app. Rewriting the first letter does the trick for me.

Chero.

Well, this happens for absolutely every letter I tried.

The problem is that it fails compiling too sad.gif with undefined reference to XTestFakeKeyEvent.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.