Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Palm Axes The Foleo
OESF Forums > General Forums > General Support and Discussion > Off Topic forum
HoloVector
Ed Colligan, Palm's CEO, pulled the plug in the official blog. Ouch!

Here are the gory details. huh.gif
ZDevil
Palm, I'm loving it!
T3_slider
Man, what a waste of money, resources, time, ...

I thought Palm's future looked bleak before. I guess I was wrong. NOW it looks bleak. (Although he said they're planning a Foleo II...maybe it gets bleaker yet)
freizugheit
Palm should learn from Apple to show a Linux based handphone first.

I think that Palm has been under pressure from losing market share when switching away from Windows Mobile platform.

If Blackberry can stand on its own feet agains Micro$oft, why can't Palm do so.
desertrat
Just how many foots does Palm have? Surely they must have shot them all off by now? rolleyes.gif
Da_Blitz
i think that its the right move on thier part, it is a limited device compared to alot of the stuff that comes out

many people scoffed at the idea of it bieng a tethered device but i didint see too many people who really thought the idea through, then again just give most people a windows PC in a similar form factor and they would be happy

i am unhappy as it looked to be a very very nice hardware platform to run linux on, i dont care about plam rolling its own stack for me i am capable of turning it into what i want. maybe i can pick up a dev unit on ebay
HoloVector
QUOTE(T3_slider @ Sep 4 2007, 09:11 PM)
Man, what a waste of money, resources, time, ...

I thought Palm's future looked bleak before. I guess I was wrong. NOW it looks bleak. (Although he said they're planning a Foleo II...maybe it gets bleaker yet)

The Foleo II talk is corporate face-saving speak. Just like like when Apple promised a future cube machine when they pulled the plug on their original.

Palm has quite a bit of egg on their face right now and probably pissed off of few more developers who were developing offerings for this new platform by waiting this long to pull the plug.

I agree things look mighty bleak for them. I don't see them surviving solo for much longer since they have failed to invest in their OS for so long, their flagship Treo is looking weaker with each of their competitors new releases and they don't have stong line-up for their upcoming models.

Not a good place for a company to be in.... unsure.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.