Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Can I Really Wreck A Zaurus Like This?
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Model Specific Forums > C1000/3x00 Hardware
mfbrown
OK - now I _really_ need some ideas. SL-C3100, happily runing Sharp. Ive written before about problems with trying to flash pdaXii13. Id got it back to Sharp by the rather long-winded process with re-formatting the HD and getting the images from Trisoft. Thought Id have a go with pdaXrom r198, as I had the suspend problem with ii13. Followed the instructions for U-Boot. Dead. Wont respond to DM or DB hard resets. Any ideas? Ive tried leaving the battery out ages, no different. Help please!!
mfbrown
Well, Ive kept trying, and finally its responded to OK on hard reset, despite not responding to DB or DM. Very odd - I thought they were the lowest-level resets of all. But even then it didn behave a bit like the instructions said - no command prompt, just did its own thing, but seems to be working. Moral is - keep trying!! But if I want to change back to Cacko, Ill have to get into command-line mode. How do I do that if it doesnt respond to DB hard reset?
T3_slider
Use Fn+D+B instead of D+B. The D+B menu can be corrupted by Uboot (or something else), but the Fn+D+B is in ROM and cannot be corrupted easily. I have not heard of anyone being locked out of the Fn+D+B menu.
InSearchOf
QUOTE(T3_slider @ Sep 9 2007, 07:06 PM)
Use Fn+D+B instead of D+B. The D+B menu can be corrupted by Uboot (or something else), but the Fn+D+B is in ROM and cannot be corrupted easily. I have not heard of anyone being locked out of the Fn+D+B menu.

UBoot overwrites the sharp bootloader which is where the DM / DB boot from

Late
mfbrown
Thanks, InSearchOf and T3_Slider. I wasnt aware of that one ... but regret it still doesnt work. Still get U-boot. Im keen to get the service menu and do a NAND restore and start again, but I cant find a way of doing it. ... later ... Ive now tried Fn D M and it does work! Thanks v. much.
louigi600
Have you tryed this:
remove battery
remove external power
press (and keep holding down) Fn + D + M
insert the external power (while still holding down Fn+D+M)
mfbrown
QUOTE(louigi600 @ Sep 10 2007, 10:32 AM)
Have you tryed this:
remove battery
remove external power
press (and keep holding down) Fn + D + M
insert the external power (while still holding down Fn+D+M)

Yes thanks - it does work now. God knows what people with fingers missing do!
Capn_Fish
For future reference:

http://www.oesf.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=24199
T3_slider
QUOTE(mfbrown)
Yes thanks - it does work now. God knows what people with fingers missing do!

Ha ha, yes -- you do need some dexterity! I had to practically balance my Z on my three fingers to get that to work. Although alphabetically D+M=Diagnostic Menu may have been easy to remember they sure made it difficult to perform.
mfbrown
QUOTE(Capn_Fish @ Sep 10 2007, 10:42 PM)

Thanks - that covers Fn D M pretty thoroughly!
mfbrown
Just one problem for future reference - I could get recovery with Fn D M - but if I'd buggered up the formatting of the HD and needed to get into a command prompt to fdisk, I couldn't do it, because it definitely didn't respond to Fn D B. I know from previous unhappy hours that a NAND restore doesn't work if the HD is incorrectly formatted or even if it doesn't have those irrelevant Sharp bookmark files - so what would I do then? Can't use Fn D M because NAND resstore wouldn't work, and can't get into Fn D B. Or would _trying_ a NAND restore at least un-bugger the SharpROM to the extent of allowing Fn D B or even D B?
Thanks for everything!
T3_slider
There's a thread on hard drive recovery here: http://www.oesf.org/forums/index.php?showt...hl=hd+partition
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.