Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Beat Me Round The Head. But Can You Tell Me Where
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Distro Support and Discussion > Sharp ROMs
craigtyson
Im looking to do some VGA updates to some existing apps for Cacko using a UBUNTU intel box to do the work. I dont seem to be able to find ane links to the dev tools.

Cheers
speculatrix
if you want a quick and easy solution, try the vmware appliance available in the downloads->dev on my site.
craigtyson
QUOTE(speculatrix @ Sep 11 2007, 10:51 PM)
if you want a quick and easy solution, try the vmware appliance available in the downloads->dev on my site.

Cheers

Erm it is slightly large though. (184MB) Before I download it, what's in the image?

C
Capn_Fish
I suspect it's a full OS with Cacko dev tools in a VMWare image, so 184mb is actually relatively small (pdaX dev toolchain is ~130MB compressed, without OS)
Meanie
QUOTE(Capn_Fish @ Sep 19 2007, 10:34 AM)
I suspect it's a full OS with Cacko dev tools in a VMWare image, so 184mb is actually relatively small (pdaX dev toolchain is ~130MB compressed, without OS)

It contains DSL and crosstools for gcc 2.95
speculatrix
it's a full damnsmalllinux installation with arm cross tools, qt/qtopia1.5 cross, the whole shebang. I used .zip so our windows brethren could unpack it too.

there was a qemu image too, which is what this is based on, basically just a repackaging since at the time vmplayer was more trivial to make work
tux
cool.gif You might look in the OESF wiki, search for compiler, and see if there are links to the files which don't point to the (non-working) ZUG downloads. There is a fairly clear Howto.
biggrin.gif

smile.gif By the way the suggestion Speculatrix made is an effective choice. But you do have to twiddle with VMWARE.

Cheers biggrin.gif
speculatrix
I bumped the thread in the qt/qtopia dev section for the qemu image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.