Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Harddrive On 3200
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Model Specific Forums > C1000/3x00 Hardware
ljonesj
i have a 3200 put in a 4gb cf card to test Debian so i would not mess up the hard drive well i decided i did not like it went and put back in the 6gb micro drive and went to reinstalled cacko 1.23 everything worked restored my backup but i had to flash to a kernel that supported wm8370 mixer well used the same card that i had a Debian files thought i deleted all of them when i went to redo the kernel it formated the micro drive so now i get the hdd1 error so can i put the files back on from a Linux machine and a cf card reader as i dont remember my commands for command line for my zaurus
MstPrgmr
I had the same problem, for a different reason though. The problem is that you hard drive partitioning is different from the original Z's configuration. Just a system alert, and does not actually prevent starting the Z.

for Zaurus C3200
Solution 1 - Once you see the hdd1 error you can simply press Ctrl+C+D and the Z will start. Easy right? If you plan to keep using a Sharp based rom I would suggest using solution 2 because it can be annoying to have to press Ctrl+C+D everytime you boot up. Using Angstrom or pdaXrom rom will also stop this because the Z will not complain about partition tables on startup.

Solution 2 - Download the file http://www.trisoft.de/download/SLC3200SYSPART.zip. This file contains instructions and the files needed in order to manually partition the 6GB hard drive and restore it to it's original condition.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.