Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I Want It Compiled !
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Distro Support and Discussion > Debian
Pages: 1, 2, 3
jpmatrix
who can compile and make a .deb package for :

-tackcoach
-xournal

thanks in advance!
ZDevil
QUOTE(jpmatrix @ Sep 26 2007, 09:08 PM) *
-tackcoach
-xournal
thanks in advance!

taskcoach is still at the alpha stage, so probably it won't be in the official feeds soon.

But xournal is already there. Super cool app indeed!
jpmatrix
QUOTE(ZDevil @ Sep 26 2007, 09:37 PM) *
-tackcoach
-xournal
thanks in advance!

taskcoach is still at the alpha stage, so probably it won't be in the official feeds soon.

xournal is not on etch
i think you mean it is on lenny smile.gif
so i'm upgrading to lenny right now!
dlj0
QUOTE(jpmatrix @ Sep 27 2007, 05:42 AM) *
-tackcoach
-xournal
thanks in advance!

xournal is not on etch

Don't bother, just for that. I agree that xournal is a nice app on the desktop. BTW, it is a scribble type app, presenting you with an apparent blank tablet of paper, which you write on with the mouse, or touchscreen pointer.

But on the Z ore at least on my Z, there are apparently a lot of extraneous signals that are viewed as pointer movement, so what you write is illegible.

I'd be very interested if someone else's experience was any better.
adf
QUOTE(dlj0 @ Sep 27 2007, 04:00 PM) *
-tackcoach
-xournal
thanks in advance!

xournal is not on etch

it seems to work ok on pdaX. maybe it should be recompiled natively for titchy?
Don't bother, just for that. I agree that xournal is a nice app on the desktop. BTW, it is a scribble type app, presenting you with an apparent blank tablet of paper, which you write on with the mouse, or touchscreen pointer.

But on the Z ore at least on my Z, there are apparently a lot of extraneous signals that are viewed as pointer movement, so what you write is illegible.

Edit: apparently I posted no text-- I had meant to say it works great in pdaxii13.
Meanie
QUOTE(dlj0 @ Sep 28 2007, 10:00 AM) *
-tackcoach
-xournal
thanks in advance!

xournal is not on etch

writing notes in xournal is quite easy and readable. the stylus is super smooth and responds way better than say cellwriter. it probably is a problem with the 2.6 kernel rather than the Zaurus or xournal. the accuracy of the stylus is much better on the 2.4 kernel than on the 2.6 kernel as much as i have tested on my c3000 and c31000...
Chero
Hi,

anyone with a compilation environment setup already ?

I'd like to run "portabase" using debian. Somebody want to give it a try ?

Chero.
ZDevil
Portabase is a very old app. It depends on metakit, which is not found in etch or lenny, but sarge and sid. Perhaps someone will build this first?
ZDevil
Built metakit.
Now building portabase...
ZDevil
Portabase build error:
CODE
g++ -c -pipe -Wall -W -O2 -mcpu=xscale -mtune=iwmmxt -D_REENTRANT  -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -DQT_SHARED -DQT_TABLET_SUPPORT -I/usr/share/qt3/mkspecs/default -I. -I/usr/include/qt3 -o database.o database.cpp
database.cpp: In constructor 'Database::Database(QString, int*, int)':
database.cpp:40: error: 'win32FileOpenFunc' is not a member of 'c4_Storage'
database.cpp: In member function 'QStringList Database::listViews()':
database.cpp:273: error: 'stringCompareFunc' is not a member of 'c4_View'
database.cpp:275: error: 'stringCompareFunc' is not a member of 'c4_View'
database.cpp: In member function 'QStringList Database::listSortings()':
database.cpp:717: error: 'stringCompareFunc' is not a member of 'c4_View'
database.cpp:719: error: 'stringCompareFunc' is not a member of 'c4_View'
database.cpp: In member function 'c4_View Database::sortData(c4_View, const QString&, bool)':
database.cpp:832: error: 'stringCompareFunc' is not a member of 'c4_View'
database.cpp:839: error: 'stringCompareFunc' is not a member of 'c4_View'
database.cpp: In member function 'c4_View Database::sortData(c4_View, const QString&)':
database.cpp:852: error: 'stringCompareFunc' is not a member of 'c4_View'
database.cpp:854: error: 'stringCompareFunc' is not a member of 'c4_View'
database.cpp: In member function 'QStringList Database::listFilters()':
database.cpp:898: error: 'stringCompareFunc' is not a member of 'c4_View'
database.cpp:900: error: 'stringCompareFunc' is not a member of 'c4_View'
database.cpp: In member function 'void Database::exportToXML(QString, c4_View&, c4_View&, QStringList)':
database.cpp:1780: error: 'stringCompareFunc' is not a member of 'c4_View'
database.cpp:1827: error: 'stringCompareFunc' is not a member of 'c4_View'
make: *** [database.o] Error 1

Any hint?
Chero
Hello,

I don't have a clue. sad.gif
Is metakit a lib ? -> try "ldconfig" and run "qmake" again (untar portabase again so you have a clean build-dir).
Did you patch metakit ?

I use portabase on a daily base to know the status of some jobs we have to finish at work, to know who is doing it, since when, when we should receive info, ... . I can also see when a job was completed or easily find something when they ask me about something I did 10 years ago. I also use it to find my way through documentation and articles in magazines. It has some nice filter possibilities. It may be old, but it does the job very nicely.

If you can come up with an alternative, I might want to try that one if I can import my data. My doc-database contains about 2500 records, the jobs-database about 3500 and I have another to use on the road when collecting data for use in GIS-apps.

Chero.
ZDevil
Sure, I will try again. The compilation instructions in INSTALL in the portabase are rather tricky, especially the bits about static libraries and headers.
I built from the latest source of Metakit, which I suppose to have the patch incorporated already.
I also made the portabase package for pdaXrom (beta3) long ago, but I already forgot what I did at that time ...
ZDevil
Sure, I will try again. The compilation instructions in INSTALL in the portabase source are rather tricky, especially the bits about static libraries and headers.
I built from the latest source of Metakit, which I suppose to have the patch incorporated already.
I also made the portabase for pdaXrom (beta3) long ago, but I already forgot what I did at that time ...
ZDevil
QUOTE(Chero @ Oct 9 2007, 09:58 AM) *
Hi,
Chero.

You name it, you have it! Stripped & optimized for the Z.

(A new attachment has been posted in this post. Please go check it out there.)
Chero
QUOTE(ZDevil @ Oct 10 2007, 08:29 PM) *
QUOTE(Chero @ Oct 9 2007, 09:58 AM) *
Hi,
Chero.

You name it, you have it! Stripped & optimized for the Z.
Click to view attachment
(NOTE: you must rename the file to portabase_1.9-2_arm.deb before installing)
(Sorry, Chero, the sun simply moves too fast ... tongue.gif )

Great,

But I've got a problem :
error while loading shared libraries : libmk4.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
sad.gif sad.gif

Chero.
ZDevil
(Deleted) tongue.gif
(Things are all fixed in post #14 now)
Chero
QUOTE(ZDevil @ Oct 10 2007, 10:37 PM) *
No worry, it's just missing the metakit stuff (hmm.. it's not listed in the dependencies for runtime ...)
Here is the package:
Click to view attachment (unzip and rename it to "libmetakit_2.4.9.3-4_arm.deb")
Please test. smile.gif

testing testing one two

libbeecrypt.so.6 not found
sad.gif

Then
apt-get install libbeecrypt6
running !! rolleyes.gif

Chero.
ZDevil
Great. Just add libbeecrypt6 as Depends in the control file. Package uploaded again.

I suggest starting a new thread dedicated to contrib packages (upload/download only) for Debian/Z that are not found or have to be recompiled (optimized) for the Z. How's that?
Chero
QUOTE(ZDevil @ Oct 11 2007, 08:50 AM) *
Great. Just add libbeecrypt6 as Depends in the control file. Package uploaded again.

I suggest starting a new thread dedicated to contrib packages (upload/download only) for Debian/Z that are not found or have to be recompiled (optimized) for the Z. How's that?

good idea, then we could call this one "testing new packages" and only upload to the other thread when they are tested.

Chero.
jpmatrix
QUOTE(Chero @ Oct 11 2007, 11:18 AM) *

good idea, then we could call this one "testing new packages" and only upload to the other thread when they are tested.

Chero.

if you want i can provide some space for the packages on my ftp http://matrixmen.free.fr/zaurus/
ZDevil
QUOTE(Chero @ Oct 11 2007, 11:18 AM) *

Chero.

One thing to do first is to get the green light from the admins to upload .deb files. I have made a request in the "site requests" forum
ZDevil
QUOTE(jpmatrix @ Oct 11 2007, 11:31 AM) *
if you want i can provide some space for the packages on my ftp http://matrixmen.free.fr/zaurus/

How to login, again, please? wink.gif
ZDevil
Now I'm making a few more interesting packages for those feeling nostalgic for pdaXrom ...
Chero
QUOTE(jpmatrix @ Oct 11 2007, 11:31 AM) *

Great,

It's a lot easier to find what you're looking for that way !

Can we make a "feed" of it ? That would even be faster.

Since we're in the "compile request" thread : how about "glom" ? Or is it available already ? huh.gif

(and the sun keeps on moving faster and faster ...)
Chero.
jpmatrix
i'll add my gpsd and passkey_agent compile to my ftp too wink.gif

what about compiling mugshot.org client ? i've tried but i missed i-dont-remember-which header file smile.gif
ZDevil
InSearchOf has just turned on the green light for uploading .ipk and .deb packages. Thanks ISO!
dlj0
I am compiling, as we speak, lyx-1.5.2 on my zaurus. It is taking a while.... Like, days. But most component files are built now, and sometime soon it will all approach the final assembly. If it survives that, I will post it somehwere.

Lyx-1.4.4 which is on debian testing is good, but I really like 1.5.2 on my desktops, so want to have it on the Z.

Native compilation is a "bit" slow for a program of this size. It is a major bit of code, but really should not be this slow. I have gotten several compiler errors, which I suspect are caused by running out of memory. It seems to last better when I nohup the compilation and then log out, letting the machine alone to cook. It's doing that now, the harddrive light blinking away. I think I got the necessary packages to get configure to run two days ago, and it has been compiling fairly continuously since.

So, you guys who are compiling other programs, are you doing this natively on the Z, or cross-compiling?
ZDevil
@dlj0:
Do you use swap? For compilation the default size of titchy (~17x MB) is definitely not enough. When I was compiling portabase, the swap usage surged up to almost 190MB... That's why my C3200 now has a 512MB swap partition.
I've also run into internal compiler errors when compiling outside X with overclocking. Building inside X without overclocking works fine. But I don't know which is the cause.
But i've heard that not enough memory can also cause this.

Now I am doing compilation on a 4GB microdrive (ext2 format). I also added a 512MB swap partition on it. So after checking out all the dependencies, I plug in the microdrive, turn on the swap in it, and let the Z work. This way I can avoid the intensive writing on the internal CF, and also can freely share the microdrive between my C3200 and C860, both running Debian now. smile.gif
Chero
Hi all,

Great to see we now have an announcement thread and there are already some nice apps in it. rolleyes.gif smile.gif
I couldn't post in that thread to comment on it, so I'm using this one instead.
I will jump on the compiling train later (too much other thing to do right now).

Chero.
dlj0
QUOTE(ZDevil @ Oct 11 2007, 11:47 PM) *
@dlj0:
Do you use swap? For compilation the default size of titchy (~17x MB) is definitely not enough. When I was compiling portabase, the swap usage surged up to almost 190MB... That's why my C3200 now has a 512MB swap partition.
I've also run into internal compiler errors when compiling outside X with overclocking. Building inside X without overclocking works fine. But I don't know which is the cause.

Now I am doing compilation on a 4GB microdrive (ext2 format). I also added a 512MB swap partition on it. So after checking out all the dependencies, I plug in the microdrive, turn on the swap in it, and let the Z work. This way I can avoid the intensive writing on the internal CF, and also can freely share the microdrive between my C3200 and C860, both running Debian now. smile.gif

I have about 170M of swap as a partition, mounted automatically. I added another swapfile, another 50meg, just to see if that would help. I am _still_ trying to compile lyx-1.5.2, and am about to give up. Fortunately I can export files from 1.5.2 to 1.4.*-readable ones. Also, frankly, lyx-1.4.* is faster than 1.5.2, but 1.5.2 is fancier.

But my crashes always occur before the swap is full, anyway. But they do occur when things are thrashing pretty badly.

I feel like the old days, when you had to exit X to compile anything. I have been not only killing the X server, I have pruned down the modules, daemons, and things like that (good idea in general) to just what I need/want, but still I can't get past one of the large object files. I even log out in order to free up cpu cycles and ram space for the compilation. Lyx is, now, a big program, so it is not such a reflection on the Z that I can't compile it, but .... It gets to about 70meg swap usage and segfaults. It is somewhat random, but this last object (LyX.o, one of the last!) has not managed to appear after several attempts.

I don't understand what you are saying about the microdrive. The internal hard disk is such a beast. Are you saying you have two of them?

Do you want to try your hand at compiliing lyx-1.5.2? You need qt4-dev installed, which installs a lot of, um, crap, which you can remove later. Try ./configure to see whether you have enough to make lyx. If so, please give it a shot. Like I said, I have been at this a week now.

I can't imagine compiling a kernel on this thing.
ZDevil
I will give it a try on my 860, but after finding out more about how Debian EABI works now.

And actually there is a lyx 1.5.1-2 package for EABI: http://armel-debs.applieddata.net/debian/p...mel/main/l/lyx/
dlj0
QUOTE(dlj0 @ Oct 16 2007, 01:03 AM) *
QUOTE(ZDevil @ Oct 11 2007, 11:47 PM) *
@dlj0:

I have about 170M of swap as a partition, mounted automatically. I added another swapfile, another 50meg, just to see if that would help. I am _still_ trying to compile lyx-1.5.2, and am about to give up. Fortunately I can export files from 1.5.2 to 1.4.*-readable ones. Also, frankly, lyx-1.4.* is faster than 1.5.2, but 1.5.2 is fancier.

But my crashes always occur before the swap is full, anyway. But they do occur when things are thrashing pretty badly.

I feel like the old days, when you had to exit X to compile anything. I have been not only killing the X server, I have pruned down the modules, daemons, and things like that (good idea in general) to just what I need/want, but still I can't get past one of the large object files. I even log out in order to free up cpu cycles and ram space for the compilation. Lyx is, now, a big program, so it is not such a reflection on the Z that I can't compile it, but .... It gets to about 70meg swap usage and segfaults. It is somewhat random, but this last object (LyX.o, one of the last!) has not managed to appear after several attempts.

I don't understand what you are saying about the microdrive. The internal hard disk is such a beast. Are you saying you have two of them?

Do you want to try your hand at compiliing lyx-1.5.2? You need qt4-dev installed, which installs a lot of, um, crap, which you can remove later. Try ./configure to see whether you have enough to make lyx. If so, please give it a shot. Like I said, I have been at this a week now.

I can't imagine compiling a kernel on this thing.

Progress?? I decided to try one more time. For some reason (priority user??) compiling as root made it past the latest bottleneck, and it is still thrashing away.
ZDevil
QUOTE(dlj0 @ Oct 17 2007, 04:23 AM) *
Progress?? I decided to try one more time. For some reason (priority user??) compiling as root made it past the latest bottleneck, and it is still thrashing away.

Lol. I can't even get past apt-get build-dep:
CODE
E: Build dependency for lyx cannot be satisfied because no available versions of package libboost-dev can satisfy version requirement

I already installed all libboost-*-dev and switched to "sid" in deb-src. How did you get there? smile.gif
dlj0
QUOTE(ZDevil @ Oct 17 2007, 02:33 AM) *
QUOTE(dlj0 @ Oct 17 2007, 04:23 AM) *

Lol. I can't even get past apt-get build-dep:
CODE
E: Build dependency for lyx cannot be satisfied because no available versions of package libboost-dev can satisfy version requirement

I already installed all libboost-*-dev and switched to "sid" in deb-src. How did you get there? smile.gif

That is strange. I never got that message. Wait. What is this apt-get build-dep? I got the sources for lyx from http://www.lyx.org, unpacked them, and ran ./configure. The first time, ./configure complained about missing moc and other things, installing libqt4-dev took care of that. I have no idea what build-dep is, or why that would help building lyx.

BTW, I woke up this morning to a completely built up version of lyx-1.5.2, which so far seems to work just fine. If someone wants it, I can create a tarball, but this installs into /usr/local to keep it separate from the distribution.
dlj0
QUOTE(ZDevil @ Oct 16 2007, 03:51 AM) *
I will give it a try on my 860, but after finding out more about how Debian EABI works now.

And actually there is a lyx 1.5.1-2 package for EABI: http://armel-debs.applieddata.net/debian/p...mel/main/l/lyx/

How did you install debian-armel (same as EABI, right?)? What kernel did you use; or does the angstrom kernel support both arm and armel?
zecrazytux
has somebody succed to run kazehakase ? i installed the package from gnuab sid repository but it segfaults...
Moad-Dib
Hello everybody, i've just installed titchy and i'm searching for the Portabase application, where could i find it ? thanks
Chero
QUOTE(Moad-Dib @ Nov 2 2007, 04:42 PM) *
Hello everybody, i've just installed titchy and i'm searching for the Portabase application, where could i find it ? thanks

It was in the announcement thread but attachments got lost somehow. I hope the admins are looking into it cause I lost the copy I downloaded ... sad.gif

Maybe ZDevil could upload it again ? rolleyes.gif

Chero.
ZDevil
No problem! Will put the files back tonight.

I should've done this earlier as the admin has already confirmed that some recent attachments got whisked to /dev/null because a chunk of data has mysteriously gone.
ZDevil
Just uploaded the packages again. Enjoy.
Moad-Dib
Great, thanks a lot.
ZDevil
I want to set up another thread for custom armel packages to run on the EABI system. Anyone interested?
jpmatrix
QUOTE(ZDevil @ Nov 3 2007, 09:41 AM) *
I want to set up another thread for custom armel packages to run on the EABI system. Anyone interested?

yup wink.gif
first package successfully compiled yesterday : mutt smile.gif
ZDevil
Good. Shall we use the same thread as the custom ARM packages' or a different one to avoid confusion?
jpmatrix
QUOTE(ZDevil @ Nov 3 2007, 10:03 AM) *
Good. Shall we use the same thread as the custom ARM packages' or a different one to avoid confusion?

if packages works on both version, i think yes, otherwise we should open a new thread
jpmatrix
QUOTE(jpmatrix @ Nov 3 2007, 10:11 AM) *
QUOTE(ZDevil @ Nov 3 2007, 10:03 AM) *

if packages works on both version, i think yes, otherwise we should open a new thread

i've tried the zdevil version of notecase under debian eabi and as we guessed, it doesn't work under eabi sad.gif

i've tried to compile it again but it fails and i don't understand why...
would you compile it again zdevil ? smile.gif
ZDevil
Certainly! I am gonna do that after converting OABI to EABI on my C860. smile.gif
ZDevil
Before compiling notecase, I am trying to compile gjots2, which cannot be installed from the armel feeds.
And to compile it, i have to compile libgoffice-1-dev and libtool.
To compile libtool, I have installed texi2html, texinofo, dpatch, gcj, gfortran, fortran77-compiler.
So after all this digression, my 3200 starts making libtool ... smile.gif
jpmatrix
QUOTE(ZDevil @ Nov 4 2007, 04:43 PM) *
Before compiling notecase, I am trying to compile gjots2, which cannot be installed from the armel feeds.
And to compile it, i have to compile libgoffice-1-dev and libtool.
To compile libtool, I have installed texi2html, texinofo, dpatch, gcj, gfortran, fortran77-compiler.
So after all this digression, my 3200 starts making libtool ... smile.gif

you know what?
i was just trying to compile contacts-0.7 from pimlico and i failed because i had to install whatever dev packages and it was broken........compiling seems to be a very difficult and a time-eater task with that armel debian....
i wonder if we could get some help/support from ads (http://www.applieddata.net/)

right now i'm backuping my whole debian eabi and i'll think about what next on my zaurus : continuing into eabi or installing another distro ohmy.gif
Chero
QUOTE(jpmatrix @ Nov 4 2007, 05:00 PM) *
you know what?
i was just trying to compile contacts-0.7 from pimlico and i failed because i had to install whatever dev packages and it was broken........

I simply installed contacts 0.7 through apt-get ohmy.gif

I tried portabase (oabi) on my system (eabi) and it doesn't work either ... sad.gif

Chero.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.