Welcome to the OESF Japan User Group.

The purposes of this forum:
  1. To form a sub-community of OESF members in, from, or interested in Japan.
  2. To provide mutual support to fellow users and developers of Open Embedded and related hardware and software.
  3. To be a clearinghouse for Open Embedded-related information originating in Japan of interest to the OESF community.

Posts to this forum may be in either English or Japanese. English translations of Japanese content of interest to the wider OESF community should be posted either by the original contributor or by another member of the Japan User Group.

All forum participants are expected to be courteous, patient, and tolerant of spelling and grammar errors from fellow participants who may be communicating in a non-native language. Although most language learners appreciate friendly feedback on their usage from native speakers, please conduct such communications by private means (e-mail, IM, etc.) and do not use forum bandwidth.

I am honored to serve as your Moderator. I am a 43-year-old U.S. citizen residing in Japan since 1991 and fluent in both English and Japanese. I am the proud owner of two Zaurus SL-C860's, one of which I am currently attempting run with pdaXrom.

Please feel free to contact me either through the forum or privately if you have any problems or ideas.

Sincerely yours,

-- David Meyer, Takarazuka, Japan

OESFの日本ユーザ・グループへようこそ。

この掲示板の目的は:
  1. OESFのメンバーの中から、日本人の方、日本在中の方、また日本に興味を持っている方の共同体を結成すること。
  2. Open Embeddedとその関連するハード、ソフトのユーザ・開発者同士で助け合おうこと。
  3. 日本発のOpen Embedded関連情報をOESFコミュニティに紹介すること。

この掲示板への投稿は英語でも日本語でも構いません。一般のOESFメンバーが興味を持ちそうな日本語内容は投稿者ご本人にでもほかの日本ユーザ・グループ・メンバーにでも英訳も投稿してください。

掲示板の投稿を読みながら、英語であったり、日本語であったり、その投稿者が自分にとって外国語でコミュニケーションをしようとしていることを了承して、すずりや文法の間違いを大目で見てください。ほとんどの場合、外国語を学ぶ人はネイティブからの丁寧な指摘を歓迎しますが、そのような通信を行う場合、掲示板ではなく、プライベートな手段(メールやIMなど)を利用してください。

この掲示板の初モデレータとして任命されて大変光栄だと思います。個人のことですが、私は43歳で91年以来在日のアメリカ人です。英語も日本語もある程度できます。ザウルスのSL-C860の二台をもってその一方には現在pdaXromをインストールしようとしている。

何か問題や質問やアイディアがありましたらば、掲示板でもプライベートでもどうぞ気軽にご連絡ください。

今からいろいろ大変だと思いますが、どうぞよろしくお願いします。

以上

-- マイヤー ディビッド(宝塚市)