Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wifi Cf - The Best
OESF Forums > General Forums > General Support and Discussion > Security and Networking
/dev/null
I try a wifi card with:

- b/g
- compatible sharp rom
- compatible aircrack-ng
- no problem driver, kernel, configuration etc

which to buy?
Capn_Fish
There are no G cards that work with Aircrack, and there are no patched HostAP drivers for Cxx0 (2.4.18) AFAIK. All my attempts to build them have failed.

I believe the Planex cards work well, and I have an Ambicom WL-1100C, which I have had no issues with (and which works with Aircrack).

Hope this helps.
/dev/null
QUOTE(Capn_Fish @ Sep 30 2007, 05:23 PM) *
There are no G cards that work with Aircrack, and there are no patched HostAP drivers for Cxx0 (2.4.18) AFAIK. All my attempts to build them have failed.

I believe the Planex cards work well, and I have an Ambicom WL-1100C, which I have had no issues with (and which works with Aircrack).

Hope this helps.

Thanks Capn_Fish, tongue.gif and a G card that it is good with sharp rom (no driver problem..) do you know? if it don't work with aircrack it 's not importat..
Meanie
Sharp ROM does not support the G card at all.
Capn_Fish
I've been considering getting a G card to test with, but I gather that some/most/all of them don't work with the 2.4.x kernel (?), and need drivers to work with 2.6.x.

If/When I get one, I'll let you know how it works.
/dev/null
thanks to all smile.gif
ZDevil
BTW, which are the G cards? AFAIK most (if not all) were launched long ago and stated to support up to B only.
Capn_Fish
There are a few. There's the Ambicom (not the WL1100C), a SparkLAN (?), a Linksys, and maybe one or two others.
ZDevil
Thanks. Now I see Ambicom WL54-CF and Linksys WCF54G on the web.
And I bump into this site. Looks very interesting: http://www.embeddedworks.net/wlan/oem_cf_8...CFQtPMAodVGt9Kg
/dev/null
I have found PLANEX GW-CF11X, wpa and wep. Are there good experience? smile.gif I try a wep/wpa cf wifi..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.