after a year playing with zaurus 3200 and reading this forum, i wanted to ask some issues that i can't solve.
everything goes fine, from basic system options to usb storage, vnc, sd, cf, WPA (supp 0.3.9-1, 0.4* does not work with cf11h and wpa), emu's, mplayering etc etc
loads quite good:
- startx (xfce) in 30 secs (very good for moving through console for best performance and X desktop) (avoid plugins, or silly things, they are just for your eyes and are useless, remove all plugins but the core ones (kill also xfce-desktop and call it when you need to access the menu). the first time run after reboot, it seems to load some old settings (fixed), old PS1 for rxvt and default dir is /etc/rc.d/ Eventualy reboot hangs with the green light blinking.
- services running on demand, chmoding 644 everything not needed in init.d, but bvdd and other cores)
- epiphany 30-45 secs, firefox 25-40 secs load , what to say, they are worth the slowness they have compared to dillo or minimo, my god. can't use osb-browser (very unstable, not usable, but very fast, hope a new ipk).
- for heavy tasks, overclocking to 520 does help, but can't overclock to 624mhz (hangs in a sec)
- volume thing got fixed by updating to kernel fastfpe from katastrophos.net/zaurus (did for the wm-mixer), but i can't get the sound wheel in the back to work (seems to be the left/right button) xmodmap is quite abstract, if you change some key, others doesn't work
- i have the F1-F10 and other working, but can't paste with Fn on rxvt
i have to do a xmodmap pointer 1 3 2
- xfce themes and icons works ok, but i have some aplications with the undefined icon everywhere on the desktop, for example rxvt doesn't have an icon (only the machine wheel), i don't know how to fix it.
- games... gngeo emu is the best, having 140 games on 1gb is king. snes also, but psx4zaurus goes very slow, anyway i can play dino crisis 2, crazy jeje.
- Finally, what i can't undertand is why the df command does not work (fixed with repartition of nand partition and loading zbackup, same in /data, all fsck.* from d+b console)CODEFilesystem Size Used Available Use% Mounted on/<- after kernel update is not changing
/dev/root 121.0M 121.0M 0 100% /CODEnone 12.0M 40.0k 12.0M 0% /dev/data <- this goes for free, on windows it says the free size correctly, but df stopped updating
/dev/hda1 2.0G 241.9M 1.7G 12% /mnt/ide
/dev/hda3 3.4G 429.8M 3.0G 12% /data
reply to an issue in bold, not all!
anyway, thanks for your work, it's amazing to see what zaurus can do, reading your comments.
NOTE: zbackup 0.16 worked fine. now moved from 5.3.5 to 5.4.9 with custom upgrade *.sh, just had to reinstall dbus cause epiphany cried, awsome