Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cacko Dial-up W/ Serial Modem
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Distro Support and Discussion > Sharp ROMs
danboid
I'm trying to connect to the internet using a serial modem that I have attached to my c3000 via a USB to serial adapter. I have successfully used this same setup to connect to dial-up under pdaXii13 but now I'd like to do the same under cacko.

I have created a dial-up account and input all the details in cackos network tool. I have my modem plugged in and turned on but cacko doesn't seem to register it as the 'Connect' button is greyed out and when I run the browser I just get the error

"Cannot find the device card for communication"

Any ideas?
craigtyson
Does the modem appear in lsusb or as a loaded driver in system info?
danboid
System Info lists my USB serial controller as a

Prolific Technology PL2303 serial port

but it has a star * next to its entry and if I click on it for more info it says

ID/class blah blah
Driver: (none)

I don't suppose there is a kernel module I'm missing or maybe even another dialler app for Qtopia that I could try? 'Connect' is still greyed out under Network.
speculatrix
QUOTE(danboid @ Dec 22 2007, 11:17 AM) *
System Info lists my USB serial controller as a

Prolific Technology PL2303 serial port

but it has a star * next to its entry and if I click on it for more info it says

ID/class blah blah
Driver: (none)

I don't suppose there is a kernel module I'm missing or maybe even another dialler app for Qtopia that I could try? 'Connect' is still greyed out under Network.

you should be able to copy any of the other serial_cs type pcmcia options entries to make it work, so that when inserted dmesg or tail /var/log/messages will indicate that another serial device has been created; have a look for postings about the audiovox gsm/gprs cards which operate on a similar principle.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.