Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Google Android Installable Image Available!
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Distro Support and Discussion > Android
Pages: 1, 2, 3
danr
QUOTE(stuffman @ Jan 17 2008, 05:42 AM) *
Rotten luck, the altboot bugs pop up on my 860 and prevent proper installation. When rebooting from the SD after extracting android-root.tar.gz, it hangs on the copying /home to the loop-image.

The furthest I got so far was booting the standard image and typing reboot, which goes back to the boot selector thing. Selecting the SD option says something that the card is already mounted, but copying /home works and you get the command line eventually. Typing /start gets Android's gears turning, setting up the binder things, then complains that it can't mount stuff, and ultimately hangs up after saying ***post-zygote, the same error stuff as when I tried running Android under Angstrom from flash.

I really hope I get this working some time, it's just too cool to not be able to mess with!

---

Also, on many of my cards (formatted with gparted to ext3), trying to boot from the SD gives:

Checking file system on /dev/mmcblk0p1
/dev/mmcblk0p1 has gone 35814 days without being checked, check forced

then proceeds to freeze. Fooey sad.gif

I may have found a way of preventing the system freeze - see http://www.oesf.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=25399.

Cheers,

Dan
charli
My apology if this is off the track.

I'm working on booting android on a custom made phone equipped with ARM9v5 and following are the steps I've taken:
1. extract cortez's android-root distro to a host directory
2. update and merge my kernel to 2.6.23, including both binder and android drivers
3. nfs mount the rootfs after the device boot up with mounting point /mnt/nfs (unfortunately I don't have the mmc driver working on the device yet)
4. run shell command: $chroot /mnt/nfs/home/root/android-root/ /start
5. double checke that /dev/binder was in right mod after start:
crw-rw-rw- 1 root root 253, 0 2008-01-21 16:40 dev/binder
6. Guess what, I got this famous red cylon bouncing forever on screen

here's the list of start script:

######################
#!/system/bin/sh

echo "* Booting Android"

export PATH=/sbin:/system/sbin:/system/bin:$PATH
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/system/lib
export ANDROID_BOOTLOGO=1
export ANDROID_ROOT=/system
export ANDROID_ASSETS=/system/app
export ANDROID_DATA=/data
export EXTERNAL_STORAGE=/sdcard
export DRM_CONTENT=/data/drm/content

mount -t proc proc /proc
mount -t sysfs sysfs /sys

/system/bin/rm /tmp/*
/system/bin/ifconfig lo 127.0.0.1 up

umask 000

/system/bin/app_process -Xzygote /system/bin --zygote &
/system/bin/dbus-daemon --system &
runtime
######################

I also did strace for runtime, and the log file is attached.

Not sure what I did wrong, it would be greeeeeeat if someone can shed some light on this.

thanx
charli
Android Zaurus
QUOTE(charli @ Jan 22 2008, 06:58 PM) *
5. double checke that /dev/binder was in right mod after start:
crw-rw-rw- 1 root root 253, 0 2008-01-21 16:40 dev/binder

Try chmod 666 /dev/binder in android-root/start again and again.

I'm still don't know why exactly but my case I put sleep 1 between init and chmod.

Android Zaurus: Boot Android up on Zaurus without chroot
http://androidzaurus.seesaa.net/article/79313160.html

Good luck.
iczer3
Hi Andriod,

Can the google andriod actually drive a cf GPRS card ? If it can
then we can just turn zaurus into a phone !

BR,

Felix.
speculatrix
QUOTE(iczer3 @ Jan 26 2008, 07:44 AM) *
Can the google andriod actually drive a cf GPRS card ? If it can
then we can just turn zaurus into a phone !

I would imagine it can, just need the serial_cs modules so that it can do the AT+ dialup and the ppp link. I will try this very soon.
EzerchE
where is the latest released files for c3000, and can we connect passworded networks with android?(if yes-how)

thanks
walts
Has this thread totally died? I can't imagine there has been NO progress on Android for Zaurus in nine months!

I do find sites that tell Linux experts how to roll-your-own but no updates on the install files.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Walt
cortez
QUOTE(walts @ Sep 16 2008, 02:35 AM) *
Has this thread totally died? I can't imagine there has been NO progress on Android for Zaurus in nine months!

I do find sites that tell Linux experts how to roll-your-own but no updates on the install files.

Walt

I have a working Android 0.9i Beta currently, using a patched 2.6.26 kernel. I'll post an image with instructions on my Blog shortly.

Cheers,
cortez
walts
QUOTE(cortez @ Sep 16 2008, 07:37 AM) *
I have a working Android 0.9i Beta currently, using a patched 2.6.26 kernel. I'll post an image with instructions on my Blog shortly.

Cheers,
cortez

Great! Thank you. I'll be watching your blog.
I really appreciate you Linux Mavens who are willing to share your work with those less technically gifted!

Walt

speculatrix
my brother works for google and doesn't have android at all, so this would be a great way of putting one over him :-)
chyang
QUOTE(cortez @ Sep 16 2008, 07:37 PM) *
QUOTE(walts @ Sep 16 2008, 02:35 AM) *

Walt

Cheers,
cortez

Wow, cortez, what a great job you have done! I really thank you for your great contribution. smile.gif You work has revived my Zaurus C3200, which has slept for one year. After I have got my N800, it began to sleep. But now, it has a working environment.

But so far, the touch screen doesn't work, so is there any ongoing work? I have read that touch screen for N8x0 seems working, at least there is one patch: http://groups.google.com/group/android-int...c6ff76e0381e95a

Meanwhile, if you can share your kernel source and config, it would be great!

cortez
QUOTE(chyang @ Sep 22 2008, 05:44 PM) *
Wow, cortez, what a great job you have done! I really thank you for your great contribution. smile.gif You work has revived my Zaurus C3200, which has slept for one year. After I have got my N800, it began to sleep. But now, it has a working environment.

But so far, the touch screen doesn't work, so is there any ongoing work? I have read that touch screen for N8x0 seems working, at least there is one patch: http://groups.google.com/group/android-int...c6ff76e0381e95a

Thanks, glad you like it. I'm currently in the process of getting an Akita image ready. I've made adjustments to the touch screen driver, and hope to get that ready in time for the Akita image. Then there is the adjustment AndroidZaurus mentioned for a more graceful exit from Android, by using the Cancel-key on the back. And last but not least, a Tosa is coming my way, so that could mean one more device to support wink.gif

Cheers,
cortez
chyang
QUOTE(cortez @ Sep 23 2008, 04:36 AM) *
QUOTE(chyang @ Sep 22 2008, 05:44 PM) *

Thanks, glad you like it. I'm currently in the process of getting an Akita image ready. I've made adjustments to the touch screen driver, and hope to get that ready in time for the Akita image. Then there is the adjustment AndroidZaurus mentioned for a more graceful exit from Android, by using the Cancel-key on the back. And last but not least, a Tosa is coming my way, so that could mean one more device to support wink.gif

Cheers,
cortez

Thanks.
would you like to tell me how to keep the time accurate from boot to boot?

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.