Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Google Android Installable Image Available!
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Distro Support and Discussion > Android
Pages: 1, 2, 3
cortez
I've just build minimal systems for the C7x0 and C1000 and hope to be able to test it tomorrow night on my C1000
fpp
Great news ! Thanks for making this accessible to (almost) normal humans :-)

My Z has seen little use since I've had my Nokia tablet and it's a pity - I hope this brings it a new life !
JohnX
I got it running on my C1000 last night. I used an Angstrom 2.6.23 kernel that I applied the patch at http://androidzaurus.seesaa.net/ to. Then I grabbed the android.tgz.part?.rar from http://yonggun.tistory.com/ and followed the instructions for running it. The first time I started it I got nothing but the "Cylon eye" but after rebooting it started no problem the next time. The touchscreen seems to work inconsistently and when android is oriented "portrait" style the touchscreen still acts like landscape.
Android Zaurus
QUOTE(cortez @ Jan 10 2008, 09:15 PM) *
QUOTE(cmonex @ Jan 10 2008, 12:04 PM) *
QUOTE(fpp @ Jan 10 2008, 12:02 PM) *
Sorry to hijack this thread... I'd like to try this on my old C760... is there a Howto somewhere to get me started ?

TIA,
fp

heh, i'd like to know too. got a C760 here.

With a kernel capable of running Android you should be up and running in no-time. Let me know if you need help doing that.

The original Eu.Edge guys have done on thier C-760.
eu.edge Blog Archive Google Android runs on Sharp Zaurus SL-C760

And I found Android can be booted up on ready-made Angstrom kernel as long as we have binderdev.ko module.
Android Zaurus: Android Zaurus on a ready-made Angstrom image

So, Angstrom or Poky for C7x0 could be a host of Android. Question is how to get the binderdev.ko binary.

Do you guys think the driver module built for C3x00 runs on C7x0? My guess is possible because the binder driver seems not to rely on hardware much. If so, cortez's image or my binary can be used.

Cheers,
Android Zaurus
QUOTE(JohnX @ Jan 11 2008, 08:35 AM) *
I got it running on my C1000 last night. I used an Angstrom 2.6.23 kernel that I applied the patch at http://androidzaurus.seesaa.net/ to. Then I grabbed the android.tgz.part?.rar from http://yonggun.tistory.com/ and followed the instructions for running it. The first time I started it I got nothing but the "Cylon eye" but after rebooting it started no problem the next time. The touchscreen seems to work inconsistently and when android is oriented "portrait" style the touchscreen still acts like landscape.

Great work!

Touchscreen is a issue. The orientation problem might caused by MOUSE_X=640, MOUSE_Y=480 in .config file eventhough frame buffer is 480x640. Could be fixed by modifying .config but not tried yet.

Workaround could be my RotateView.apk. unsure.gif

Cheers,
cortez
QUOTE(Android Zaurus @ Jan 10 2008, 01:50 AM) *
QUOTE(matthis @ Jan 9 2008, 09:29 PM) *
Hi, I have followed the instructions in the first post and have Android running! Thanks!
So, poor noob would like some help rolleyes.gif

- How do I get my Wifi CF turned on? I am not in a chrooted environment; having followed the instructions straight from the 1rst post. Or is that chrooted too?

- What's the way back to sharp rom if needed?

Thanks!

Edit wlan0 section in your /etc/network/interface. There are a couple of samples how to configure in the interfaces file. And don't forget to delete the gateway line in usb0 section.

By the way, I found this news very interrested this morning.

Penguinistas hack Android onto real hardware
http://linuxdevices.com/news/NS4262102607.html

Cheers,

We're being watched wink.gif The news spreads itself further... see articles in techworld and pcadvisor
spaul
So how do people like android (I have an 860 so I cannot try it yet myself). Innovative? Just curious. Thx
speculatrix
QUOTE(cortez @ Jan 11 2008, 08:43 AM) *
We're being watched wink.gif The news spreads itself further... see articles in techworld and pcadvisor

and aki news!
http://www.akihabaranews.com/en/news-15328...+Zaurus%21.html

also someone pointed out downloadsquad
http://www.downloadsquad.com/2008/01/10/go...n-sharp-zaurus/
Android Zaurus
QUOTE(speculatrix @ Jan 12 2008, 12:49 AM) *
QUOTE(cortez @ Jan 11 2008, 08:43 AM) *

and aki news!
http://www.akihabaranews.com/en/news-15328...+Zaurus%21.html

and...
Engadget - Android hacked to run on real hardware
Slashdot - Hackers Get Android Running on Real Hardware

Hope more guys interrested in Android on Zaurus. Let's mash it up!

Cheers,
anil
Hi,

We are trying to get the Android framework (binary) working on our custom hardware that is based ARM11 core. We do have a 2.6.23 kernel with ABI support and the android-root.tar.gz suggested in your post is being used as the rootFS. However when we try launching the /start script from console, it is unable to load the binderdev.ko module that is shipped with android-root.tar.gz archive. Hence we have added the binder module support into our custom kernel (binder module source code has been taken from from the linux-2.6.23-android-m3-rc20.tar archive) as static driver. After having added this support, the re-built kernel has been tried with aforesaid rootFS, but after couple of initial messages it bails out with segmentation fault. When I tried the strace utility to trace through the execution, it has been found that the "binder module is failing with Descriptor2Node failed". The complete strace log is give below:

--admin's note - text snipped and put in an attachment to make thread more readable--

It would be really great if someone can give some input/suggsetions regarding this.
Can the pre-built Android binaries run on ARMv6 compatible machines? How do we move forward and get the framework properly working on our custom hardware?

Warm Regards,
Anil
jpmatrix
QUOTE(anil @ Jan 12 2008, 02:05 PM) *
It would be really great if someone can give some input/suggsetions regarding this.
Can the pre-built Android binaries run on ARMv6 compatible machines? How do we move forward and get the framework properly working on our custom hardware?

Warm Regards,
Anil

i don't know if it is really true but i read somewhere that android can only be run under ARMV5te devices...

EDITED: just found that while googling:
http://benno.id.au/blog/2007/11/21/android-neo1973
speculatrix
QUOTE(jpmatrix @ Jan 12 2008, 06:08 PM) *
i don't know if it is really true but i read somewhere that android can only be run under ARMV5te devices...

hmm, very interesting. I concur with the conclusion - google are unlikely to release sufficient source to android's OS to allow it to be recompiled for any processor.
Possibly slightly interesting point of history. When Arm first release their processors with the thumb instruction set, my employer won a contract to do some testing on it to take a bunch of example programs and verify they worked and compare execution speeds and code sizes etc.
Android Zaurus
QUOTE(speculatrix @ Jan 13 2008, 05:47 AM) *
hmm, very interesting. I concur with the conclusion - google are unlikely to release sufficient source to android's OS to allow it to be recompiled for any processor.

I'm looking forward to hte source codes of /init and qwerty.kcm.bin.

The /init source will explain where setprop/getprop saves runtime parameter. The qwerty.kcm may be only a filter module but without source code we don't know how to customise for Zaurus.

By the way, regarding Anil's ARM6 porting, I guess EABI support is required.
cortez
I'm trying to get this thing to work on my C1000, but this is giving me some headaches. I did some traces to find out what is happening, and I get following socket error during the start of runtime:

CODE
socket(PF_FILE, SOCK_STREAM, 0) = 3
connect(3, {sa_family=AF_FILE, path=@property_service}, 19) = -1 ECONNREFUSED (Connection refused)
close(3)                = 0

On the working SL-C3100 version this looks like:

CODE
socket(PF_FILE, SOCK_STREAM, 0) = 4
connect(4, {sa_family=AF_FILE, path=@property_service}, 19) = 0
recvmsg(4, {msg_name(0)=NULL, msg_iov(1)=[{"\200\", 4}], msg_controllen=16, {cmsg_len=16, cmsg_level=SOL_SOCKET, cmsg_type=SCM_RIGHTS, {5}}, msg_flags=0}, 0) = 4
mmap2(NULL, 32768, PROT_READ, MAP_SHARED, 5, 0) = 0x40000000
close(5)                = 0
close(4)                = 0

Any ideas what the reason could be?
studio
Hi

I'm hoping to get this working on a C1000 but unfortunately my knowledge of Linux is limited. It would be great if you could share in steps how to do it once you manage to get it working.
cortez
QUOTE(cortez @ Jan 13 2008, 12:17 PM) *
I'm trying to get this thing to work on my C1000, but this is giving me some headaches. I did some traces to find out what is happening, and I get following socket error during the start of runtime:

CODE
socket(PF_FILE, SOCK_STREAM, 0) = 3
connect(3, {sa_family=AF_FILE, path=@property_service}, 19) = -1 ECONNREFUSED (Connection refused)
close(3)                = 0

On the working SL-C3100 version this looks like:

CODE
socket(PF_FILE, SOCK_STREAM, 0) = 4
connect(4, {sa_family=AF_FILE, path=@property_service}, 19) = 0
recvmsg(4, {msg_name(0)=NULL, msg_iov(1)=[{"\200\", 4}], msg_controllen=16, {cmsg_len=16, cmsg_level=SOL_SOCKET, cmsg_type=SCM_RIGHTS, {5}}, msg_flags=0}, 0) = 4
mmap2(NULL, 32768, PROT_READ, MAP_SHARED, 5, 0) = 0x40000000
close(5)                = 0
close(4)                = 0

Any ideas what the reason could be?

I just installed Angstrom (x11-image-glibc-ipk-2007.12) and tried to see if it works. Same applies here, connection errors on property_service. According to the article here the init executable needs to be patched.
* if you have jffs2 for / patch /init
* modify with hexedit : "/system_property" -> "/tmp/sy_property"
* NOTE: jffs2 does not support memory mapped file

I patched the init-exec but that didn't help. This isn't the way I expecting this to work. Any help is much appreciated.
osteron
QUOTE(cortez @ Jan 13 2008, 08:28 PM) *
I just installed Angstrom (x11-image-glibc-ipk-2007.12) and tried to see if it works. Same applies here, connection errors on property_service. According to the article here the init executable needs to be patched.

I patched the init-exec but that didn't help. This isn't the way I expecting this to work. Any help is much appreciated.

Perhaps they got it to work because their /tmp is assigned to ramfs and not to the jffs2 part.
stuffman
Alright, maybe I'm an idiot, but can someone give me a step-by-step of what I need to type to get the android stuff extracted the right way?

So far, I have a clean install of Angstrom on my C-860 and the android-root.tar.gz on my CF card. What do I do from here?
Android Zaurus
QUOTE(osteron @ Jan 14 2008, 06:39 AM) *

Perhaps they got it to work because their /tmp is assigned to ramfs and not to the jffs2 part.

We want the source code of init!

I was lucky to have C-3000, which is equipped with versatile ATA HDD. For the NAND model, yaffs2 might need to be ported.

Cortez, what happens if you go back to run Xzygote, dbus-daemon, runtime instead of init?
anil
QUOTE(jpmatrix @ Jan 12 2008, 10:08 AM) *
QUOTE(anil @ Jan 12 2008, 02:05 PM) *

Warm Regards,
Anil

Thanks a lot for this input Does that mean the ARMv6 machines are not backward compatible with ARMv5 instructions?
cortez
QUOTE(Android Zaurus @ Jan 14 2008, 04:20 AM) *
QUOTE(osteron @ Jan 14 2008, 06:39 AM) *

We want the source code of init!

I was lucky to have C-3000, which is equipped with versatile ATA HDD. For the NAND model, yaffs2 might need to be ported.

Cortez, what happens if you go back to run Xzygote, dbus-daemon, runtime instead of init?

Running init segfaults after reading the /etc/init.d file. Running zygote, dbus-daemon and runtime instead generates the timeouts. After a long time it displays ++post-zygote, but the timeouts prevent it from continuing I guess.
JohnX
When I had it working on my C1000 zaurus I was running it off of an ext3 formatted USB stick.
Android Zaurus
Help Wanted!

I tried an applet called MusicDroid which can be downloaded from here.
http://www.helloandroid.com/node/166

It is an MP3 player which can play MP3 files on SD card.
http://www.helloandroid.com/node/134

It's an interresting applet to have, isn't it?

But it didn't work on my Android Zaurus.

If you have your Androided Zaurus ready, please let me know how it works on your Z.

Quick instruction for test.
1) Download MusicDroid.zip
2) Unzip it and copy bin/MusicDroid.apk to you android-root/data/app.
3) Load your favorite MP3 files on to an SD card.
4) Boot Android up and click MusicDroid in app folder.
5) See what happens.

o Are MP3 files enumelated correctly?
o Can you hear MP3 file played back?

My case, MP3 files are not listed. Neither I can listen to any sound. I posted an article to my blog on this issue.

Two more issues: sdcard and sound
http://androidzaurus.seesaa.net/article/78452267.html

Thanks,
cortez
QUOTE(JohnX @ Jan 14 2008, 09:18 AM) *
When I had it working on my C1000 zaurus I was running it off of an ext3 formatted USB stick.

What did you use to do that, Altboot?
cortez
Pfew, just to let you all know. I finally did it, Android is working on my SL-C1000. I'll post more info on my blog shortly, including downloads and installation instructions. After this I think it will be a piece of cake to set things up on the C7x0 and C860 series. More on that later.
fpp
Great ! Our turn now... :-)
HoloVector
QUOTE(johnla @ Jan 10 2008, 02:08 PM) *
Noone's tried the C1000 yet?

I'll give it a shot this weekend. Would I be able to just use the same files that the C3000 guys are using? There's no internal HD though..

I'm in if you can get this going on the C1000. My C3200 is set just the way I like it in pdaXii13 5.4.9 and I'm loathe to lose it. biggrin.gif
cortez
I've uploaded all files for the SL-C1000 version and included the installation instructions. I hope the instructions are clear enough, I checked everything twice, and it worked for me. You can check this out at www.omegamoon.com. Good luck and have fun!
zluver
HI Cortez,

That's awesome. I have been having a lot of issues trying to get Angstrom to build correctly (toolchain).

This is a nice alternative. Now, my question is what do I have to do to get this working on older Zaurus with no
"microdrive". The install script looks for a microdrive and exits. I have an SL-C750 with a 256 MB SD card and a
2GB CF card.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Regards
Zluver.

QUOTE(cortez @ Dec 29 2007, 01:52 PM) *
Hi,

For the time being posted here in "General Discussion" since there is no dedicated Android subforum (yet). Tested on my SL-C3100, this is a small bootable Poky 2.6.23 kernel with a copy of the Android OS from the SDK (qemu) emulator.

Installation is done in the usual way:

1. Download zImage.bin, updater.sh, gnu-tar and android-root.tar.gz and copy the files to a SD card
2. Remove battery and power adapter cable
3. Wait for 5 seconds
4. Replace battery, close and lock battery cover
5. Attach power adapter cable
6. Keep OK button pressed while pressing on/off switch
7. From the Japanese menu, choose option 4 (Update), then 2 (SD) and finally Y

Flashing starts, and you are asked if you want to flash the kernel, if you want the microdrive to be formatted and if you want the root filesystem to be installed.
Accept all questions answering them with y

After flashing is complete, the machine is rebooted. Login with root and type /start to start Android.
This is the basic version, without any of the patches found across the Net.

Have fun, and share your results and findings here please!

Updated: There is a special version for the SL-C1000. Downloads and instructions can be found at www.omegamoon.com

Greetz,
cortez

cal
Cortez, thanks man. Awesome job.
HoloVector
QUOTE(HoloVector @ Jan 14 2008, 05:04 PM) *
I'm in if you can get this going on the C1000. My C3200 is set just the way I like it in pdaXii13 5.4.9 and I'm loathe to lose it. biggrin.gif

Thanks Cortez. I'm starting your C1000 image for the first time as I type. Looks really interesting.... More later. Gotta play.
cortez
QUOTE(zluver @ Jan 15 2008, 01:22 AM) *
HI Cortez,

That's awesome. I have been having a lot of issues trying to get Angstrom to build correctly (toolchain).

This is a nice alternative. Now, my question is what do I have to do to get this working on older Zaurus with no
"microdrive". The install script looks for a microdrive and exits. I have an SL-C750 with a 256 MB SD card and a
2GB CF card.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Regards
Zluver.

I assume you use the SL-C3x00 install script. Don't use it, use the SL-C1000 script instead. The C1000 doesn't have a microdrive either. What's needed for the SL-C7x0 and SL-C860 series is a kernel and Altboot. Altboot makes it possible to boot from SD instead of the internal flash memory and we need that to make Android work.
stuffman
Alright, I'm just having no luck here. I flashed the console image of Angstrom on my 860 and extracted the /home/root/android-root directory from android-root.tar.gz to /home/root/android-root, copied the binder thing to /lib/mod.../drivers, and copied the doit and start files to /home/root. I ran doit and when running start I get:

=============
Starting Android
=============

'/home/root/android-root/dev/binder' exists
*Booting Android
mount: not found

After a few minutes, the screen went blank. I pressed enter and below the last mount it said "*** post-zygote"

Then it seems to freeze and I'm forced to hard reboot. Any pointers as to what I'm doing wrong? Am I just going to have to wait until there's a release for 7x0 devices?
cortez
QUOTE(stuffman @ Jan 15 2008, 08:00 AM) *
Alright, I'm just having no luck here. I flashed the console image of Angstrom on my 860 and extracted the /home/root/android-root directory from android-root.tar.gz to /home/root/android-root, copied the binder thing to /lib/mod.../drivers, and copied the doit and start files to /home/root. I ran doit and when running start I get:

=============
Starting Android
=============

'/home/root/android-root/dev/binder' exists
*Booting Android

After a few minutes, the screen went blank. I pressed enter and below the last mount it said "*** post-zygote"

Then it seems to freeze and I'm forced to hard reboot. Any pointers as to what I'm doing wrong? Am I just going to have to wait until there's a release for 7x0 devices?

My guess is you're running this from internal flash memory. In that case you're having the same problems as described here. You can try to run strace to see if this is the case. The Altboot solution is a workaround for this problem. I'll upload a kernel + console image for the SL-C7x0 and SL-C860 models shortly if you promise to test and give feedback wink.gif
cortez
I've uploaded a kernel and minimal console image for the SL-C7x0 and SL-C860 models. Since I don't have one of these devices myself I need testers to see if it works. Please give me feedback on your results. Files and installation instructions can be found on www.omegamoon.com. Good luck!
Android Zaurus
QUOTE(cortez @ Jan 15 2008, 04:48 PM) *
I've uploaded a kernel and minimal console image for the SL-C7x0 and SL-C860 models. Since I don't have one of these devices myself I need testers to see if it works. Please give me feedback on your results. Files and installation instructions can be found on www.omegamoon.com. Good luck!

Great work you are doing, cortez!

I'll spread the word, well in Japanese again. ph34r.gif

By the way, another report of C-860, which is the same hardware with C-760 and loaded with a lot of software.
http://yamashita.dyndns.org/blog/android-on-zaurus/

He has done it by mouting android-root image on SD card as a loop device. It is a new technique to get around jffs2-mmap issue. I asked him for detail and I'll post once I get answered.

Cheers,
cortez
QUOTE(Android Zaurus @ Jan 15 2008, 11:41 AM) *
QUOTE(cortez @ Jan 15 2008, 04:48 PM) *

Great work you are doing, cortez!

I'll spread the word, well in Japanese again. ph34r.gif

By the way, another report of C-860, which is the same hardware with C-760 and loaded with a lot of software.

He has done it by mouting android-root image on SD card as a loop device. It is a new technique to get around jffs2-mmap issue. I asked him for detail and I'll post once I get answered.

Cheers,

Creating a loop-file is also possible with the aid of Altboot. Choosing Advanced from the bootmenu you have the option to create a loop file from a root.tar.gz archive file. Disadvantage is that a loop-file always has a fixed size which is determined during creation of that file (unless you resize the file of course). A nice Altboot FAQ can be found here.
speculatrix
QUOTE(cortez @ Dec 29 2007, 09:52 PM) *
For the time being posted here in "General Discussion" since there is no dedicated Android subforum (yet). Tested on my SL-C3100,

there is now blink.gif
studio
QUOTE(cortez @ Jan 14 2008, 10:55 PM) *
I've uploaded all files for the SL-C1000 version and included the installation instructions. I hope the instructions are clear enough, I checked everything twice, and it worked for me. You can check this out at www.omegamoon.com. Good luck and have fun!

Cortez

Thanks for your great work and steps for C1000!!! Im afraid i need to ask a question which is probably obvious to everyone but me as a Linux newbie. Why is this asking for a Cortex login and password and what is it?

Cheers
Studio
cortez
QUOTE(studio @ Jan 15 2008, 03:03 PM) *

Cortez

Thanks for your great work and steps for C1000!!! Im afraid i need to ask a question which is probably obvious to everyone but me as a Linux newbie. Why is this asking for a Cortex login and password and what is it?

Cheers
Studio

Glad you like it. Since this is a non-graphical console image, it asks you to enter a valid username and password on the command line. Cortez is just the machine-name I gave it (you can change it if you like), that's why it shows Cortez login:. Just enter root after the Cortez login: prompt. For this pre-defined (administrator) account no password is required (although it's saver to add a password of course).
studio
QUOTE(cortez @ Jan 15 2008, 02:53 PM) *
QUOTE(studio @ Jan 15 2008, 03:03 PM) *

Cortez

Cheers
Studio

Glad you like it. Since this is a non-graphical console image, it asks you to enter a valid username and password on the command line. Cortez is just the machine-name I gave it (you can change it if you like), that's why it shows Cortez login:. Just enter root after the Cortez login: prompt. For this pre-defined (administrator) account no password is required (although it's saver to add a password of course).

It works now!! Awesome. Thanks!.
Now i am trying to work out how to connect it to internet with a WiFi CF adapter...
speculatrix
I have installed it and I'm a believer!!! Installed no problem on my c3100 following cortez's instructions. I'll deal with the problems in different threads. Great work, very impressive!
Android Zaurus
QUOTE(cortez @ Jan 15 2008, 08:22 PM) *
Creating a loop-file is also possible with the aid of Altboot. Choosing Advanced from the bootmenu you have the option to create a loop file from a root.tar.gz archive file. Disadvantage is that a loop-file always has a fixed size which is determined during creation of that file (unless you resize the file of course). A nice Altboot FAQ can be found here.

The blog author gave me a detail instruction how he did.

CODE
$dd if=/dev/null of=/media/card/android.img bs=512 count=131072
$ mkfs.ext2 /media/card/android.img
$ mount -o loop /media/card/android.img /android

Then copy all the contents of ramdisk.img, system.tar.gz and data.tar.gz to /android and chroot to it.

He says Android runs very slow. Maybe half the speed than what C-3x00 gets. But it could be good enough for easy-goer.

Thanks for the tip about Altboot. Android as Altboot sounds interresting.

Cheers,
cycle_55
Thanks for the C1000 instructions Cortez. I think they worked, I am just wondering what I am supposed to be seeing once android is loaded. Touch screen doesn't work and I seem to be stuck in portrait mode. Just wondering if this is what I'm supposed to see. Looks promising, thanks again.

cycle_55
cortez
QUOTE(cycle_55 @ Jan 16 2008, 06:23 AM) *
Thanks for the C1000 instructions Cortez. I think they worked, I am just wondering what I am supposed to be seeing once android is loaded. Touch screen doesn't work and I seem to be stuck in portrait mode. Just wondering if this is what I'm supposed to see. Looks promising, thanks again.

cycle_55

You're right. What you see is the version 0.01 wink.gif and much is left to be done. I focused on getting the basic version "as is" on different Zaurus models so more people can give it a try and see what Android is currently and form an opinion on what it could be in potential if more application become available. Bear in mind that the source code of the OS itself is not available yet, so it may well be that a lot of functionality (touchscreen, sound etc) is very hard to hack.
cortez
QUOTE(cortez @ Jan 15 2008, 08:48 AM) *

The SL-C7x0/860 version seems to hit an Altboot bug. It seems there's no patch available (yet) so you might try this workaround
cycle_55
QUOTE(cortez @ Jan 16 2008, 02:16 AM) *
QUOTE(cycle_55 @ Jan 16 2008, 06:23 AM) *

cycle_55

You're right. What you see is the version 0.01 wink.gif and much is left to be done. I focused on getting the basic version "as is" on different Zaurus models so more people can give it a try and see what Android is currently and form an opinion on what it could be in potential if more application become available. Bear in mind that the source code of the OS itself is not available yet, so it may well be that a lot of functionality (touchscreen, sound etc) is very hard to hack.

Thanks for the great instructions and it is great to see this running on a Z.
speculatrix
I demoed android to a colleague at work who has an iPhone - she's a dedicated gadget freak and blogger - and she was very impressed, even though I didn't have working network!
stuffman
Rotten luck, the altboot bugs pop up on my 860 and prevent proper installation. When rebooting from the SD after extracting android-root.tar.gz, it hangs on the copying /home to the loop-image.

The furthest I got so far was booting the standard image and typing reboot, which goes back to the boot selector thing. Selecting the SD option says something that the card is already mounted, but copying /home works and you get the command line eventually. Typing /start gets Android's gears turning, setting up the binder things, then complains that it can't mount stuff, and ultimately hangs up after saying ***post-zygote, the same error stuff as when I tried running Android under Angstrom from flash.

I really hope I get this working some time, it's just too cool to not be able to mess with!

---

Also, on many of my cards (formatted with gparted to ext3), trying to boot from the SD gives:

Checking file system on /dev/mmcblk0p1
/dev/mmcblk0p1 has gone 35814 days without being checked, check forced

then proceeds to freeze. Fooey sad.gif
speculatrix
BTW, does the installer for the c3x00 repartition the disk, or does it rely on the disk being ready for use; if not, what partitioning is recommended?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.