Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Linksys Usb200m & Usb Hub
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Distro Support and Discussion > pdaXrom
dinozaurz
Hi.

Does USB200M work with C3200 without an USB hub? If no, is there any Ethernet USB dongles which does not require an USB hub?

Thanks
sidmoraes

Hi,

Ethernet dongles? Yes, I have a generic one, and works great. I don't know about USB200M.

Wifi dongles requires powered usb hub.

dinozaurz
QUOTE(sidmoraes @ Feb 13 2008, 01:12 PM) *
Hi,

Ethernet dongles? Yes, I have a generic one, and works great. I don't know about USB200M.

Wifi dongles requires powered usb hub.

Great!

Could you tell us model of your dongle exactly?
Jon_J
If it's the one in the first pic below, the driver has to be backported from 2.6 kernel.
http://www.oesf.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=24903
The backside shows:
Model No. USB200M ver 2.1

As far as I know, there are not any usb ethernet dongles that require a powered hub. (this means the "wired" type of ethernet dongle).
USB WiFi dongles require a powered hub because these dongles draw more power than the Zaurus USB 1.1 supplies.

I have the Belkin - F5D5050 USB 1.1 10/100 Ethernet Adapter that works out of the box in pdaxii13.
It required some tweaking to make it work in Cacko.
I got it at RadioShack, it's shown in second pic.
jpmatrix
i've just tried my asus wl167g wifi dongle and it is recognized (kernel 2.6.24) !
however it apparently needs the ra2500 driver :
http://home.bb-zone.com/index.php/Ralink_RT2500_Linux_Howto
i'll try to compile it

EDITED: i cannot compile it because i need 2.6.24-yonggun kernel sources ....
dinozaurz
Thanks, it gives me hope. But not all of them can work without a hub:( I have got Dlink DUB-E100, it works with powered hub only.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.