Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Zaurus kernel.
OESF Forums > General Forums > General Support and Discussion > Software
Joshp
OK, I want to start playing around with bulinding kernels for the zaurus. I am assuming that al need a cross complier setup. Where would find something that
I coulde get running under slackware 9.1.
grey_moon
I think ceds howto is the best starting place
http://www.zaurususergroup.com/modules.php...0%28by%20Ced%29
Joshp
I found the howto but now where do i download the sl-5500 kernel source.
tumnus
http://www.oesf.org/commu...html?group_id=5
psmith
i would like to have the iptables and wireless extension enabled for sharp 2.38 or 3.13, if I cross compile the kernel and modules, mix them with sharp rom, and flash the rom, will it work?
Joshp
If you cross complie Sharps kernel it should work. Just make sure that you use the right kernel version. I think the 2.38 rom is 2.4.6 and 3.13 rom is 2.4.18. You will also need to backup your sd card module as there is no source for it.
And on a side note am no kernel expert am just going on what have read and seen with my Z, and what I have done with differnt kernels on my computers.
Good luck.

P.S. There is a ipk for iptables both for the bin and for the modules.

JP
Joshp
Ok I have cross complieing working but every time I go to complie the kernel I get:

/bin/sh: line 1: scripts/mkdep: cannot execute binary file.

I think I know what couse this but I don't know how to fix it. I think what happens is that mkdep.c gets compiled as an arm program. As well as ever other *.c unde the scripts dir. Any ideas.
Thinks

JP.
lardman
Delete the (arm) binary, copy the command across into a clean terminal window (without anything sourced for the cross-compiler), create the binary, run make again.

However there must be other ways (for example in OE I don't have to do this), so it's probably possible to set native_gcc and cross_gcc or something similar and it will sort itself out.

Si
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.