Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Htc Universal
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Distro Support and Discussion > Debian
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
ShiroiKuma
QUOTE(datathief @ Apr 28 2008, 01:23 AM) *
I've added an apmd script to the wiki (under 'Resume on Close'). It's a hack, like all the other uses of devmem2, but it works for me.

This works in the sense that the keys don't wake the phone up anymore, this is good. However, once suspended with this script in place, the phone is not woken up by calls, and even if resumed, doesn't accept calls anymore.

EDIT: My bad, it seems the fault is not with the script. Rather I've rebuilt the kernel according to the instructions above to include dm support. It works, I can mount cryptsetup LUKS volumes, which is great, however it has the above suspend htcunid problem, as opposed to the original kernel.

But how can this be, I didn't mess with anything aside the dm and crypt support.

Specifically didn't touch the Power Management Options, left them set as they were, i.e. Power Management support on, Legacy Power Management API and Power Management Debug Support off, and Dynamic Power Management Debug Support and Driver model files on, and Advanced Power Management Emulation on.

Any ideas?

EDIT: Haven't figured out the reason for the error, however I've rebuilt the crypt parts as modules, and can use them now with the original kernel, which doesn't get stuck on htcunid when suspended. So this'll do for the time being.
ShiroiKuma
QUOTE(ShiroiKuma @ Apr 28 2008, 07:00 AM) *
I think one more thing is missing still currently.

Oh, and another one is missing I think. And that is the ability to mute the ringtone, i.e. kill mikmod or mplayer, whichever you have playing the ringtune, while an incoming call is ringing on your phone. This would ideally be mapped to the outside volume key, whereby if you don't want to hang up, just silence it, you move the volume key and it goes silent, while it's still ringing. I.e. you're in a meeting, the ringer is on, it rings, you silence it, and can walk out and still pick it up, without it ringing all the way.
datathief
QUOTE(ShiroiKuma @ Apr 28 2008, 05:05 AM) *
I've rebuilt the kernel according to the instructions above to include dm support. It works, I can mount cryptsetup LUKS volumes, which is great, however it has the above suspend htcunid problem, as opposed to the original kernel.

I tried to build the kernel to fix the problem with the keyboard after suspend, and had problems with the phone part. I just assumed I'd done something wrong, and I haven't had enough motivation to try again yet.
datathief
QUOTE(ShiroiKuma @ Apr 28 2008, 07:53 AM) *
Oh, and another one is missing I think. And that is the ability to mute the ringtone, i.e. kill mikmod or mplayer, whichever you have playing the ringtune, while an incoming call is ringing on your phone. This would ideally be mapped to the outside volume key

I think we would need a hotkey tool to do this. i've built actkbd and put it on the wiki (under "Special Keys"), but I haven't tried it out yet.
ShiroiKuma
QUOTE(datathief @ Apr 28 2008, 10:50 AM) *
I think we would need a hotkey tool to do this. i've built actkbd and put it on the wiki (under "Special Keys"), but I haven't tried it out yet.

Yeah, you're right, that should be easy, just kill the mplayer process via actkbd. I've been meaning to try it out. Perhaps today.
ShiroiKuma
BTW, I haven't checked the ipaq-sleep script to see if it could be fixed for the Uni, however, there is currently the display time-out isn't there. I.e. after a certain period of inactivity, the display goes blank, didn't get a chance to check what causes it, perhaps that could be connected with suspend, so that in X, without using screen, you could suspend after a period of inactivity. Or did you mention the keyboard light out in a prior post?
p3t3r
Hi,
I have got my Universal for some time now and I am very happy about this Debian port with easy to install rootfs.
I installed the rootfs (and updated htcunid), but i have some problems:
- when i receive a phonecall, my universal vibrates once, which is not enough to realize it (for me)
- I placed your whiptail script in /etc/htcunid/event.d; installed whiptail, but there is nothing "popping up" (and I don't know whether I understood what whiptail does correctly) on event (call, sms).
- i tried to install X, as I read other people did, I used xserver-titchy, and some other packages via apt-get; but i have no working Xserver yet, as there are many packages missing... "startx" gives no results - as there is no startx in any (/usr)/(s)bin.
It would be really nice to have an easy to understand howto for that, or at least a working (meaning that these packages exist) list of packages (I would like to use X with some icewm or GPE/matchbox, because websurfing, document viewing and editing is nicer then).

Sorry if I ask newbie questions, but somebody has got to ask them.
datathief
QUOTE(ShiroiKuma @ Apr 28 2008, 05:00 AM) *
QUOTE(datathief @ Apr 24 2008, 09:04 PM) *
(Are there any important features still missing from htcunid? What's standing in the way of a 1.0 release now?)

I think one more thing is missing still currently.

There should be a query command to inquire about the status of the connetion, i.e. if connected to the network, how strong etc. You know like sometimes you're in buildings where there is no signal etc., and if the phone is disconnected, you should see if it's because of a lack of network availability or something else.

This is my feature list for the next version, then:
  • More user-friendly errors from running htcunid sendsms etc.
  • Logging modem output to /var/log, for easier debugging.
  • A new command to return the network status (searching, etc.), signal strength, and GPRS availability.
  • A new command to return a list of available networks (with the help of http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_Network_Code ).
  • A new command to register to a specific network, or unregister (flight mode).
  • Options to set the validity period and receipt request for SMS.
  • Handling of message receipt and voicemail notification messages.
  • Turn off all unsolicited messages from the modem (except incoming calls and SMS) so the phone doesn't wake up unnecessarily.
This could take a while...
ShiroiKuma
QUOTE(p3t3r @ Apr 28 2008, 12:26 PM) *
It would be really nice to have an easy to understand howto for that, or at least a working (meaning that these packages exist) list of packages (I would like to use X with some icewm or GPE/matchbox, because websurfing, document viewing and editing is nicer then).

http://sumoudou.org/index.php?cmd=%E7%9B%B...the%20Universal
datathief
QUOTE(ShiroiKuma @ Apr 28 2008, 09:51 AM) *
BTW, I haven't checked the ipaq-sleep script to see if it could be fixed for the Uni, however, there is currently the display time-out isn't there. I.e. after a certain period of inactivity, the display goes blank, didn't get a chance to check what causes it, perhaps that could be connected with suspend, so that in X, without using screen, you could suspend after a period of inactivity. Or did you mention the keyboard light out in a prior post?

As far as I can tell, /proc/interrupts is the thing to watch. It should be really easy to write a tool (even a shell script could do it) to pick out the interesting lines from /proc/interrupts, wait a minute, then see if they've changed - and if they don't change for a few minutes, run apm --suspend.
datathief
QUOTE(p3t3r @ Apr 28 2008, 10:26 AM) *
Hi,
I have got my Universal for some time now and I am very happy about this Debian port with easy to install rootfs.
I installed the rootfs (and updated htcunid), but i have some problems:
- when i receive a phonecall, my universal vibrates once, which is not enough to realize it (for me)
- I placed your whiptail script in /etc/htcunid/event.d; installed whiptail, but there is nothing "popping up" (and I don't know whether I understood what whiptail does correctly) on event (call, sms).

You need to make sure the script is executable, e.g.:
CODE
chmod ugo+x /etc/htcunid/event.d/whiptail

- i tried to install X, as I read other people did, I used xserver-titchy, and some other packages via apt-get; but i have no working Xserver yet, as there are many packages missing... "startx" gives no results - as there is no startx in any (/usr)/(s)bin.

You can use http://packages.debian.org/ to find startx. Scroll down to "Search the contents of packages", enter "startx", change "Distribution" to "testing", and click "Search". You'll find that startx is in the package "xinit".

If you have a working internet connection on your phone (use the instructions at http://wiki.neilandtheresa.co.uk/Titchy_Mo...ips/USB_Network for a nice fast internet connection), you can use:
CODE
apt-get update
apt-get install xinit

You can install any of these - check out http://packages.debian.org/ to find them, and use apt-get to install them.

Update: I installed GPE/matchbox as follows (with xserver-titchy already installed, and with a working internet connection):
CODE
apt-get update
apt-get install xinit gpe
echo matchbox-session >~/.xinitrc
startx
p3t3r
Thanks for your help; but dpkg shows error while processing x-yonggun and xserver-kdrive-fbdev.
I tried to run ts_calibrate, error: ts_open: No such file or directory

Any ideas?

QUOTE(ShiroiKuma @ Apr 28 2008, 01:27 PM) *
QUOTE(p3t3r @ Apr 28 2008, 12:26 PM) *

http://sumoudou.org/index.php?cmd=%E7%9B%B...the%20Universal

p3t3r
Thank you for your explanations, datathief (and your work on HTC Universal) - i had a USB connection before, and it was quite simple to get GPE to work with your instructions - though it looks like as it is in no-touchscreenmode - but at least it is usable.

edit: After deleting ts.conf and recalibrating screen it works. Great. Thanks a lot!
ShiroiKuma
QUOTE(p3t3r @ Apr 28 2008, 07:42 PM) *
Thanks for your help; but dpkg shows error while processing x-yonggun and xserver-kdrive-fbdev.
I tried to run ts_calibrate, error: ts_open: No such file or directory

What error does it give you? This is how I installed it without any probs. And it is fully touch-screen-working et al.
ShiroiKuma
QUOTE(datathief @ Apr 28 2008, 01:31 AM) *
CODE
pppd pty 'socat - tcp:127.0.0.1:1702' noauth demand connect /bin/true defaultroute idle 60 holdoff 3

Adding "demand" doesn't work without "connect", so I use "connect /bin/true" which doesn't actually do anything. I used "idle 60" to close the connection after a minute; "holdoff 3" probably isn't needed.

Does it mean you don't use /etc/ppp/options i.e. didn't modify these, so that it only gets arguments from the commandline? Also you don't need to do the echo and modify the defaultroute?
datathief
QUOTE(ShiroiKuma @ Apr 29 2008, 07:49 AM) *
QUOTE(datathief @ Apr 28 2008, 01:31 AM) *
CODE
pppd pty 'socat - tcp:127.0.0.1:1702' noauth demand connect /bin/true defaultroute idle 60 holdoff 3

Adding "demand" doesn't work without "connect", so I use "connect /bin/true" which doesn't actually do anything. I used "idle 60" to close the connection after a minute; "holdoff 3" probably isn't needed.

Does it mean you don't use /etc/ppp/options i.e. didn't modify these, so that it only gets arguments from the commandline? Also you don't need to do the echo and modify the defaultroute?

You can add the options to /etc/ppp/options if you prefer. I haven't changed /etc/ppp/options (I will, one day, so that ifup works).

The defaultroute option causes pppd to set the default route, so you don't need to do that. You do need to set ip_dynaddr though.
p3t3r
Need TUN-Module

I just tried to log into my universitys cisco secured network using vpnc, but I miss the TUN-Module.
Just if anybody builds a new kernel, it would be very nice if it had a tun module.

EDIT: Just build myself a kernel featuring tun module using this howto: http://handhelds.org/moin/moin.cgi/UniversalKernel;
works fine. I could write that there should be some work on that kernel, but everybody who tried to use wifi and had problems knows that wink.gif
p3t3r
Thanks for your help, but it worked with datathiefs´explanations (maybe they should be added to the wiki..).
I don´t remember the error, wasn´t a catchy one.

v3s
something about errors on ICEWM installation.. xserver-kdrive-fbdev gives error when you install it with other packages.. when you install it alone it's OK.. When you install x-yonggun package it says that there is no package called xbindkeys and after that it stop.. When you try to install it the xbindkeys packega it says that the you must download otherpackages or something like that.. When you try apt-get -f install (I think it was like this biggrin.gif ) it will be doing something with indenpency and after that it gives you an error (some like the ftp servers are temporary unavailable) and it will not install the xbindkeys package.. I tried this two times (i format my sd and make everything from beginning) and I never installed iceWM.. Is there someone who can help me?
wolfy
QUOTE(v3s @ Apr 29 2008, 10:14 AM) *
something about errors on ICEWM installation.. xserver-kdrive-fbdev gives error when you install it with other packages.. when you install it alone it's OK.. When you install x-yonggun package it says that there is no package called xbindkeys and after that it stop.. When you try to install it the xbindkeys packega it says that the you must download otherpackages or something like that.. When you try apt-get -f install (I think it was like this biggrin.gif ) it will be doing something with indenpency and after that it gives you an error (some like the ftp servers are temporary unavailable) and it will not install the xbindkeys package.. I tried this two times (i format my sd and make everything from beginning) and I never installed iceWM.. Is there someone who can help me?

laugh.gif Me too.... Only for xinit instaling i downloaded 9-10 packages and to finish is need more packages dependencies.
xinit depend to:
cpp
The GNU C preprocessor (cpp)
libc6 (>= 2.7-1) [not alpha, ia64]
GNU C Library: Shared libraries
also a virtual package provided by libc6-udeb
libc6.1 (>= 2.7-1) [alpha, ia64]
GNU C Library: Shared libraries
also a virtual package provided by libc6.1-udeb
libx11-6
X11 client-side library
//////////////////////////
cpp depend to:
cpp-4.2 (>= 4.2.2-3)
//////////////////////
BLA BLA BLA
From here i download http://www.debian.org/distrib/packages, is more, more testing armel pachage, i can t downloaded all, i m stoped sad.gif To install xserver-titchy is some case... packages depending to other packages. I gived up

ShiroiKuma
QUOTE(v3s @ Apr 29 2008, 08:14 PM) *

What does your /etc/apt/sources.list file say? Did you do apt-get update and upgrade before installing X?
ArchiMark
UPDATE

We interrupt this regularly scheduled program to let you know that ArchiMark just received today his 4800 mAh battery and it is now charging up.....

Holey Moley, this is one bad mothuh*#$%@^& battery!!!!!

blink.gif

By that I mean that it is very THICK!, such that it comes with a custom battery cover to accommodate the extra battery thickness....so it must have some serious juice to it.....

Now, back to your regularly scheduled program.....

wink.gif
ArchiMark
Questions

1. Over at xda-developers.com forum there is talk about doubling HTC Universal RAM from 64 to 128MB. Doesn't look like a do-it-yourselfer job....

Wondering if this would upgrade would make a significant difference in HTC performance using Debian?

2. Is there any reason to upgrade ROM from WM5 to WM6 if you're mainly using HTC Uni for running Debian? Wouldn't think there would be, but just thought I'd ask since this upgrade is available over at xda-developers...

Thanks.
p3t3r
Well, it is definitely great for Windows Mobile users - as you have to quit applications via settings menu, Universal becomes slow there quite soon.

I heard about prices for that around 180$ (in Germany), so it isn't that cheap. That's why I just have a 128MB swap on my 2GB SD.

Running GPE there are only few MBs of Ram free, so it could improve your performance while using X.

QUOTE(ArchiMark @ Apr 30 2008, 05:39 AM) *
Questions

1. Over at xda-developers.com forum there is talk about doubling HTC Universal RAM from 64 to 128MB. Doesn't look like a do-it-yourselfer job....

Wondering if this would upgrade would make a significant difference in HTC performance using Debian?

2. Is there any reason to upgrade ROM from WM5 to WM6 if you're mainly using HTC Uni for running Debian? Wouldn't think there would be, but just thought I'd ask since this upgrade is available over at xda-developers...

Thanks.

wolfy
I have a little ideea unsure.gif
Because, I dont have one linux machine whith internet conection (my WiFi secure works only in windows) and whith my HTC Uni i cant conect to the internet to download via apt-get upgrate .... only wap i have and ftp and files then more 3Mb is resticted........ i sugest and i make one big help
If any have instaled Debian on you SD-card whith X (ICEWM or other X interface) please .tar you SD-card contains and share that arhive. Please... Please Y whill bles you forever smile.gif
I m verry interested to run Debian whit X in my HTC uni
I hope some result wink.gif
datathief
QUOTE(wolfy @ Apr 30 2008, 06:36 AM) *
If any have instaled Debian on you SD-card whith X (ICEWM or other X interface) please .tar you SD-card contains and share that arhive. Please...

If you get IceWM installed, you will need to install applications - which will have dependencies, and you will have the same problems.

Debian depends on an internet connection. You may be able to get a USB network connection in Windows using a combination of the instructions at http://www.davehylands.com/linux/gumstix/usbnet and http://wiki.neilandtheresa.co.uk/Titchy_Mo...ips/USB_Network - I don't have Windows, so I can't test this.
wolfy
QUOTE(datathief @ Apr 30 2008, 01:19 AM) *
Debian depends on an internet connection. You may be able to get a USB network connection in Windows using a combination of the instructions at http://www.davehylands.com/linux/gumstix/usbnet and http://wiki.neilandtheresa.co.uk/Titchy_Mo...ips/USB_Network - I don't have Windows, so I can't test this.

Thx Thx Thx. datathief Whith your specifications i make conections to internet whith my HCT and Windows PC. I use file Linux.inf and sharing default conection to install Remote NDIS USB Driver, After that in HCT i create the network interface and everithing works fine smile.gif i install and upgrate via apt-get and all from here: http://sumoudou.org/uni/vebu/yonggun.html
Finaly i started ICEWM whith #startx and debian started whit graphic interface....
But unsure.gif I steel some problems: Touchscreen not work sad.gif
Comand #ts_calibrate not work This is the result: #ts_open: No such file or directory I have already installed tslib-calibrate and tslib-conf
Haw can i do unsure.gif ???
datathief
I've added some alarm stuff to the wiki here. This is the only thing I still rely on my other phone for. laugh.gif

I've also uploaded new whiptail, calllog and smsmbox scripts that can use a caller-ID "helper" script to look up names. A "beta" version of htcunid should be available in a couple of days, and then I'm going to work on a whiptail UI for dialling and SMS. The console-based UI will be finished then, I think.

It should be trivial to port the whiptail UI to zenity or gtkdialog or something, and quickly have an X-based UI.

Titchy had XFCE4 as standard, but apt-get install xfce4 wants to install 342MB of stuff in Debian Lenny - much more than in Etch. Can anyone suggest a new default window manager?
datathief
QUOTE(wolfy @ Apr 30 2008, 02:10 PM) *
But unsure.gif I steel some problems: Touchscreen not work sad.gif
Comand #ts_calibrate not work This is the result: #ts_open: No such file or directory I have already installed tslib-calibrate and tslib-conf
Haw can i do unsure.gif ???

The packages you're using were created for a Zaurus, which has the touchscreen device in a different place. See here for a possible fix.
ShiroiKuma
QUOTE(datathief @ Apr 30 2008, 04:27 PM) *
I've also uploaded new whiptail, calllog and smsmbox scripts that can use a caller-ID "helper" script to look up names. A "beta" version of htcunid should be available in a couple of days, and then I'm going to work on a whiptail UI for dialling and SMS. The console-based UI will be finished then, I think.

I'm wondering, is it really a good idea to save the caller ID in the SMS mbox file? I.e. shouldn't just the plain ID data be saved, thus only the number, and then let other interface scripts, which presumably will be developed to handle the caller ID when displaying the data. For instance I'm developing the history SMS display update to the keitai package for emacs, which should in my thinking just interface to plain vanilla SMS log, and then do the fancy stuff of displaying the callers name, his organization, the date in a fancy format etc. But it seems that these details shouldn't be saved to the file.

Is there any good reason to incorporate it into the mbox file saved?
datathief
QUOTE(ShiroiKuma @ Apr 30 2008, 04:16 PM) *
QUOTE(datathief @ Apr 30 2008, 04:27 PM) *

I'm wondering, is it really a good idea to save the caller ID in the SMS mbox file? I.e. shouldn't just the plain ID data be saved, thus only the number, and then let other interface scripts, which presumably will be developed to handle the caller ID when displaying the data. For instance I'm developing the history SMS display update to the keitai package for emacs, which should in my thinking just interface to plain vanilla SMS log, and then do the fancy stuff of displaying the callers name, his organization, the date in a fancy format etc. But it seems that these details shouldn't be saved to the file.

Is there any good reason to incorporate it into the mbox file saved?

I'm saving it as "Formatted Name <number>", like an e-mail address, so it's displayed nicely by default in a mail client. The original number is still available.
ShiroiKuma
QUOTE(datathief @ Apr 30 2008, 06:42 PM) *
I'm saving it as "Formatted Name <number>", like an e-mail address, so it's displayed nicely by default in a mail client. The original number is still available.

I know, I've seen you basically follow an "email address" convention in this sense. I was gonna do it too, originally, even save a well formatted datetime in the smsbox, but then, as a mental-nitpicking, if you wish, it ocurred to me that it's a sort of a redundant data, and thus not necessary, since in the beginning you might just tail smslog but eventually a full frontend program will display the file well formatted for most users, be it in emacs, or a whiptail frontend etc.
so it's displayed nicely by default in a mail client

Do you anticipate viewing SMSes in an email client? Or do you already? Which one?
datathief
QUOTE(ShiroiKuma @ Apr 30 2008, 06:22 PM) *
Do you anticipate viewing SMSes in an email client? Or do you already? Which one?

I would like to be able to handle SMS alongside my e-mail, although it doesn't quite fit (SMS messages don't have subjects, for example).

I'm not sure how to manage sending SMS from my e-mail client yet (I'm using mutt). I need a "fake" MTA that will use either htcunid or the real MTA to send messages.

Obviously, if this doesn't fit your vision, you can use your own event.d script. wink.gif
Cagnulein
First of all sorry for my bad english and for my noob question. smile.gif
I've just installed "Titchy" on my universal and it runs perfectly smile.gif (thanks :*)
I've only a question: here you talk about "iptables" but when i try to execute
CODE
iptables -A FORWARD -j ACCEPT
it tells me that iptables doesn't exist
Do i miss something?

P.S. same for iwconfig

Thanks in advance
Roberto
datathief
QUOTE(Cagnulein @ Apr 30 2008, 10:27 PM) *
here you talk about "iptables" but when i try to execute
CODE

You don't need iptables on the phone, but on the PC at the other end of the USB cable. Run the first set of commands on the PC, and the second set on the phone.

If the PC is running Windows, I can't help you, but another poster here has had success.

P.S. same for iwconfig

Yes... I forgot to include this in the rootfs. You will need to install the "wireless-tools" package yourself.
Cagnulein
You don't need iptables on the phone, but on the PC at the other end of the USB cable. Run the first set of commands on the PC, and the second set on the phone.

I feel so stupid sad.gif
Thanks
wolfy
QUOTE(Cagnulein @ Apr 30 2008, 02:27 PM) *
First of all sorry for my bad english and for my noob question. smile.gif
I've just installed "Titchy" on my universal and it runs perfectly smile.gif (thanks :*)
I've only a question: here you talk about "iptables" but when i try to execute
CODE

I understand and i see the debian upgrates and install depends on the internet conection
Can`t be realised directly whith your HTC Uni if you have posibility, or from network whith one PC
Because i can`t make my WiFi secure to work in Linux PC i tried to make configuration to work whith Windows
I follow the datathief posted link and after installation Linux.inf drivers in Windows and in my HTC Uni i put this comand:

CODE
ifconfig usb0 192.168.3.3
route add default gw 192.168.3.1
echo "nameserver 208.67.222.222" >/etc/resolv.conf
But not work in 1 st
I make my WiFi conection shared whith my linux network and i found the IP adresses is diferent like 192.168.3.3
Whose 192.168.1.3 and not work: Limited conectivity

Only after i repaired code my conections work

CODE
ifconfig usb0 192.168.1.3
route add default gw 192.168.3.1
echo "nameserver 208.67.222.222" >/etc/resolv.conf
Now if you want to make one similar conection whith Windows PC not Linux is verry easy
All you want to do (if you want) is to pay atention on your IP linux showing in Windows to correct this in HTC Uni line comand
Right click in Network Conections to Linux Network (icon)/Status/Details and there you can see IP adress that while read from HTC Uni
After that i make Internet Conections Sharing with Home Network Conections
In my PC whose Local Area Conection 2 because I already have one network whith other PC in my home
If you not have another network you will see only Local Area Conection and that is
And Windows Firewall make disable to full working smile.gif
Cagnulein
only a fast report: all works fine! keyboard, lcd, X, usb, wifi...i've just close my ssh session on my desktop pc XD
I'm so excited smile.gif
wolfy
I` m verry Excited me to......
Finaly i instaled xinit gpe and all is work fine, touchscreen, keyboard, etc.... wink.gif
Now i`m interesting whith conection to internet via wap from my provider Orange
but....
Some Aplications is missing like one Web Browser sad.gif Aplication like gpe-filemanager, gpe-bluethooth etc i find them an i already instaled.....
1. Haw and from where to install one web browser to work in GPE ???? AND.....
2. Some sugestion to configure my wap conections in GPE
- APN wap
- Proxy:Port 62.217.247.252:8799
- no user and pass
3. Exist some setings or aplications to make desktop in GPE?

Sorry for my insistence rolleyes.gif
datathief
QUOTE(wolfy @ May 1 2008, 02:54 PM) *
1. Haw and from where to install one web browser to work in GPE ????

My web browser icehamster should work. I don't know how to add it to the GPE menus (maybe it will happen automatically).

2. Some sugestion to configure my wap conections in GPE
- APN wap
- Proxy:Port 62.217.247.252:8799
- no user and pass

Edit /etc/htcunid/htcunid.conf and set your APN. Restart htcunid to pick up the new setting:
CODE
/etc/init.d/htcunid restart

Then, try connecting using pppd:
CODE
pppd pty 'socat - tcp:127.0.0.1:1702' noauth defaultroute usepeerdns debug nodetach

3. Exist some setings or aplications to make desktop in GPE?

I don't know.
wolfy
Thx man
Icehamster is verry cool, i understand icehamster use minimo engine and all setings and luck verry nice
Work verry good whith network conection

Now i try to make conections to wap from my phone
huh.gif
wolfy
QUOTE(datathief @ May 1 2008, 07:27 AM) *
CODE
pppd pty 'socat - tcp:127.0.0.1:1702' noauth defaultroute usepeerdns debug nodetach

Couldn`t get channel number: Imput/Output error
Script socat - tcp:127.0.0.1:1702 finished (pid 1450), status = 0x7f

blink.gif

Is missing my dial GPRS number??? I know is *99# Haw to put this number?? or what huh.gif
datathief
QUOTE(wolfy @ May 1 2008, 04:56 PM) *
QUOTE(datathief @ May 1 2008, 07:27 AM) *
CODE

blink.gif

Is missing my dial GPRS number??? I know is *99# Haw to put this number?? or what huh.gif

Is there any other error before this?

Is "socat" installed? If not, you will need to install it:
CODE
apt-get install socat
wolfy
QUOTE(datathief @ May 1 2008, 10:37 AM) *
Is there any other error before this?

No other errors before...
Just i write this: pppd pty 'socat - tcp:127.0.0.1:1702' noauth defaultroute usepeerdns debug nodetach

And after Enter is displayed this:

Is "socat" installed? If not, you will need to install it:
CODE
apt-get install socat

Now i go to try to install socat wink.gif
ShiroiKuma
Datathief, question regarding time. Are you able to preserve system time between linux reboots?

I have to set the time via date and hwclock -w every reboot.
Cagnulein
after a test day and after 2 complete cycles of battery recharge i could say that i need an urgent script: something that after X minutes of inactivty suspends automatically the phone. How could i do this? crond? Ideas?
p3t3r
I have got that time problem as well.

And I have got a gprs/umts problem: I don't know how to authenticate, as my provider requires authentication.

BTW: I use JWM now as window manager and dillo as default browser (i have midori, minimo and icehamster as well, but they aren't that fast wink.gif ) and I think of building SIAG Office, as it has a small footprint and good features.

[This post was written on HTC Universal running Debian]
QUOTE(ShiroiKuma @ May 2 2008, 09:50 AM) *
Datathief, question regarding time. Are you able to preserve system time between linux reboots?

datathief
QUOTE(ShiroiKuma @ May 2 2008, 08:50 AM) *

No, I don't know how to do this. I don't reboot very often, though, so I haven't noticed the problem. smile.gif

When you reboot, does Windows Mobile have the correct time? If it does, maybe we can access that information somehow. Perhaps the modem knows the time (I've seen AT commands to query this - I'll look them up).
datathief
QUOTE(p3t3r @ May 2 2008, 11:30 AM) *
And I have got a gprs/umts problem: I don't know how to authenticate, as my provider requires authentication.

I think you need to add your username to the pppd command line (or /etc/ppp/options) and add the password to /etc/ppp/chap-secrets.

You can follow the instructions at http://www.xs4all.nl/~ernstagn/GPRS-HOWTO/GPRS-HOWTO-6.html - but use:
CODE
pty 'socat - tcp:127.0.0.1:1702'

instead of
CODE
connect 'chat -f /etc/ppp/chat/gprs'

and you don't need a chat script.
datathief
QUOTE(Cagnulein @ May 2 2008, 11:00 AM) *
after a test day and after 2 complete cycles of battery recharge i could say that i need an urgent script: something that after X minutes of inactivty suspends automatically the phone. How could i do this? crond? Ideas?

Alright, here is a really simple bash script to do this.

Edit: Updated the script to work with the dash shell, which uses much less RAM than bash.

Edit2: Created a package, including scripts to make sure the phone doesn't suspend during a call.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.