Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Htc Universal
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Distro Support and Discussion > Debian
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
datathief
QUOTE(ShiroiKuma @ Jun 12 2008, 06:50 PM) *
The two icons should be touch sensitive, i.e. tapping on them should take you to a missed calls listing, messages listing - or the message directly, alternatively.

Other than that, no criticism intended, I think MMS support is much more necessary than these eye-candy things, but that might be a tough cookie to implement from what I've read in various places so far.

I have no need for MMS support, but it should be possible to pass the URL from a "push" SMS message to something that can download it and decode it. Sending MMS, IIRC, is done via an internet connection. The software to do all this may already exist.
datathief
QUOTE(ShiroiKuma @ Jun 12 2008, 06:57 PM) *
1. MMS

Might already exist in a usable form. If not, someone may be able to adapt work done for another open-source phone stack.

2. Getting the camera to work for photos, videos, with a suitable X app

A driver for the camera exists for the 2.4 kernel, so someone may be able to port it to 2.6.21.

3. HiQ video, getting it to play 640x480 movies which I've seen the Uni is capable of on the Windows Mobile side, in debian
4. Bluetooth A2DP support, so that listening to mp3 and the movies via bluetooth headphones would be fixed

These aren't as "defined" as the other problems, so I imagine it would be more difficult to get someone to take them up...
ShiroiKuma
QUOTE(datathief @ Jun 12 2008, 10:15 PM) *
QUOTE(ShiroiKuma @ Jun 12 2008, 06:57 PM) *
1. MMS

Might already exist in a usable form. If not, someone may be able to adapt work done for another open-source phone stack.

Yeah, I've been trying to find something workable to be adapted, so far I don't think there is a working MMS implementation. And yeah, it is done via GPRS/UMTS, so it shouldn't be such a big problem theoretically.

A driver for the camera exists for the 2.4 kernel, so someone may be able to port it to 2.6.21.

So I've read, but so far no work for 2.6 has been done on it it seems.

3. HiQ video, getting it to play 640x480 movies which I've seen the Uni is capable of on the Windows Mobile side, in debian
4. Bluetooth A2DP support, so that listening to mp3 and the movies via bluetooth headphones would be fixed

These aren't as "defined" as the other problems, so I imagine it would be more difficult to get someone to take them up...

Yeah, but real problems, should be workable. I've been meaning to contact a local kernel/system hacker I know for a long time to pay him to work on these, but keep procrastinating. I'd probably have to get him one Uni too etc. so not sure if I wanna do that... huh.gif

Maybe there's another way to get it done, that's why I thought a larger web call to get it could help, but am skeptical about it too... rolleyes.gif
linuxFreq
Hey,

Got X working, touchscreen working...managed to connect on the wifi so i know that's working.

I was wondering how your phone tools can produce a nice shiny graphic even before X has been installed? Could you enlighten me...? smile.gif

ShiroiKuma
QUOTE(datathief @ Jun 12 2008, 06:52 PM) *
  • Missed call icon
  • Received SMS icon

Further what occurred to me: The two icons, being active, i.e. leading to missed calls, and SMS lists, should then be dialable.

I.e. a missed calls icon => missed calls list => scroll to a particular call => dial

Same with SMS => i.e. SMS list => scroll to SMS => read => reply or call back
linuxFreq
Wifi working great apart from after a suspend.

Where are the suspend and wake up scripts kept?

I found after suspend i have to

CODE
rmmod acx
modprobe acx
/etc/init.d/networking restart

to get a connection.

I would like to change it so when it wakes up it performs this. Or maybe when it suspends to do the

CODE
rmmod acx

ShiroiKuma
QUOTE(linuxFreq @ Jun 13 2008, 04:35 PM) *

What did you do to make it work great, just change the speed as datathief indicated?

And what do you mean by great, does the connection still stop working after some time?
Sam Liddicott
QUOTE(ShiroiKuma @ Jun 12 2008, 07:57 PM) *
On a slightly similar note, a request for comments also:

I've been thinking about things that I consider missing, and how to get them done. What do you think, would a bounty system be good to motivate some skillful hackers to tackle these. From what I've read on the web so far lately, it actually seems bounties are counter productive in motivating the development of Free Software, so I'm not sure.

But I was thinking, I could easily offer, let's say 200 EUR for each of the following:

1. MMS

I'll add 25 UK pounds to that.

Is it worth it? Or not likely that someone will take up the task?

Dunno.
I've had a bounty here for nearly a year; http://www.liddicott.com/~sam/?p=76
with other offers it's now at about $600. Work is (and was) being done but as far as I can tell it has no effect on the rate of work.

I'm now getting wary of a liability of timeless bounties I'm building up, so I'll have to set 1 year as a deadline. After that it's up to my discretion.

Sam
webdork
QUOTE(ShiroiKuma @ Jun 13 2008, 07:52 AM) *

What did you do to make it work great, just change the speed as datathief indicated?

And what do you mean by great, does the connection still stop working after some time?

I doubt that it is working great. There's a new driver out for the acx... I wish I knew enough to build it in the kernel :/ ... I get stuck with the cs.c and mem.c files for the Uni
ShiroiKuma
QUOTE(webdork @ Jun 15 2008, 07:46 AM) *
I doubt that it is working great. There's a new driver out for the acx... I wish I knew enough to build it in the kernel :/ ... I get stuck with the cs.c and mem.c files for the Uni

Where? I could try building it...
linuxFreq
QUOTE(webdork @ Jun 15 2008, 06:46 AM) *
QUOTE(ShiroiKuma @ Jun 13 2008, 07:52 AM) *

I dunno. It's not been as bad as i expected. I've just been doing a ping test to try an see how long it's lasting...so far i'm on sequence 1200 and it's been going about 15 minutes. So far so good.

I think the acx driver info can be found at http://acx100.sourceforge.net/
ShiroiKuma
QUOTE(datathief @ Jun 6 2008, 01:31 PM) *
Also, I've uploaded a new titchy-hardware-support, that turns on the speaker on the outside of the lid (I'm assuming most of us make calls with the screen closed).

Thanks a lot for this, this is really beneficial. Up to that point with the lid closed, it was really quiet...

On an associated note, it still seems to me, the phone is very quiet when ringing. htcunid volume 5 seems to make no difference. But using the same ringtone under Windows Mobile with the volume brought all the way up results in a really loud ring, whereas under Debian the ring is still relativelly quiet. Do you experience the same?
datathief
QUOTE(linuxFreq @ Jun 13 2008, 02:35 PM) *
Where are the suspend and wake up scripts kept?

/etc/apm/*.

If you're feeling ambitious, you might be able to use /etc/network/run/ifstate to determine whether or not to bring wlan0 back up on resume.
datathief
QUOTE(ShiroiKuma @ Jun 16 2008, 10:00 AM) *
On an associated note, it still seems to me, the phone is very quiet when ringing. htcunid volume 5 seems to make no difference. But using the same ringtone under Windows Mobile with the volume brought all the way up results in a really loud ring, whereas under Debian the ring is still relativelly quiet. Do you experience the same?

There's a volume setting in /etc/default/titchy-phoneui-base - try setting it to 100.
domi007
Hi EB!
Finally I got my TitchyMobile working (based on the package from shikomura).
But, I cannot connect to the internet via USB.
I have a Debian install in a virtual PC. I connected the PDA to the virtual PC (and the connection was successful: Windows didn't see it anymore), applied all the commands, found in wiki.neilandtheresa.co.uk, but no success.

Do you have any ideas?
Thanx!
DOMy
Sam Liddicott
QUOTE(domi007 @ Jun 18 2008, 09:20 PM) *
Hi EB!
Finally I got my TitchyMobile working (based on the package from shikomura).
But, I cannot connect to the internet via USB.
I have a Debian install in a virtual PC. I connected the PDA to the virtual PC (and the connection was successful: Windows didn't see it anymore), applied all the commands, found in wiki.neilandtheresa.co.uk, but no success.

Do you have any ideas?
Thanx!
DOMy

Try using tcpdump on the debian pc; maybe try booting from a live CD.

My xda network interfaces is:

CODE
allow-hotplug usb0
iface usb0 inet static
  address 192.168.2.2
  netmask 255.255.255.0
  gateway 192.168.2.1
  post-up echo nameserver 192.168.2.1 > /etc/resolv.conf

and on my desktop pc:

CODE
allow-hotplug usb0
auto usb0
iface usb0 inet static
        address 192.168.2.1
        netmask 255.255.255.0
        post-up echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward; iptables -D FORWARD -j ACCEPT; iptables -A FORWARD -j ACCEPT; iptables -t nat -D POSTROUTING -s 192.168.2.0/24 -o eth0 -j MASQUERADE; iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -s 192.168.2.0/24 -o eth0 -j MASQUERADE

I still have to do
ifdown usb0 ; ifup usb0
if I re-connect the xda, but it works on it's own the first time round.

Sam
linuxFreq
Hi,

Was just wondering about the acx driver. Does titchy come with the latest version?

This tutorial here (http://acx100.sourceforge.net/wiki/Distribution_list/Debian) says that the acx-100 driver is in the contrib repo and was just wondering if i should try install it.

I've found wifi to be stable for browsing simple websites but try an apt-get install xxx and you're lucky if it lasts 20 seconds...

Flameweaver
Hi all,

Firstly great job on getting Debian running on the Universal, might squeeze some more life out of the handset yet.
I am a linux beginner, but quite happy with commanline stuff and happily have Titchy installed on my dual partitioned SD card.
I'd like to get UMTS data working as I'm on an unlimited data plan so no problems apt-get'ing over the air.

I have edited /etc/default/titchy-phone-daemon.conf to GPRS_APN="general.t-mobile.uk"
And I've also added "user" and "pass" to the chap and pap secrets files.

When running:

CODE
pppd pty 'socat - tcp:127.0.0.1:1702' noauth defaultroute usepeerdns debug nodetach

Everything looks positive, primary and secondary dns are picked up but the following lines do appear:
Could not determine remote IP address: defaulting to 10.64.64.64
Cannot determine ethernet address for proxy ARP

The terminal finishes with a flashing cursor after:
Script /etc/ppp/ip-up finished (pid 1486). status = 0x0

I have to Ctrl-C to get back to prompt... Any suggestions where to go next?

Many thanks!
Alex
domi007
QUOTE(linuxFreq @ Jun 19 2008, 01:14 PM) *
Hi,

Was just wondering about the acx driver. Does titchy come with the latest version?

This tutorial here (http://acx100.sourceforge.net/wiki/Distribution_list/Debian) says that the acx-100 driver is in the contrib repo and was just wondering if i should try install it.

I've found wifi to be stable for browsing simple websites but try an apt-get install xxx and you're lucky if it lasts 20 seconds...

I heard, that it isn't so easy: the chip in the Universal is not the same as the chip supported by this driver.
Therefore you must have other/modified files also (mem.c for example), and this files aren't debugged, but they are from the driver originally written for the hp hx4700, which is also a little bit different as the Uni. So, the small differences and the modified files together cause the stability problems. I tried to contact with the last people, who has updated and modified the driver, but he doesn't answer....

Sam Liddicott:
Thank you, but how can I write > character with the keyboard of the Universal? blink.gif

MOD:
I could do it already (i mounted the partition, and modified the file with my pc), but it isn't working nevertheless. I applied all the settings, but nothing. Ping command says:
ping www.google.com
ping: unknown host www.google.com

But, in Windows, it says already that "USB Network is connected", but I cannot ping anything. (I also shared my network connection with the "USB Network")

ifconfig usb0 up says nothing bad, runs normal without error messages.

DOMy
datathief
QUOTE(Flameweaver @ Jun 19 2008, 12:33 PM) *
The terminal finishes with a flashing cursor after:
Script /etc/ppp/ip-up finished (pid 1486). status = 0x0

I have to Ctrl-C to get back to prompt... Any suggestions where to go next?

Many thanks!
Alex

At that point you are connected. Move to a different terminal (alt+right/left) and try to ping something. Alternatively remove "debug noattach" from the pppd command and it will run in the background.
datathief
QUOTE(datathief @ Jun 12 2008, 08:05 PM) *
QUOTE(ShiroiKuma @ Jun 12 2008, 06:50 PM) *
Other than that, no criticism intended, I think MMS support is much more necessary than these eye-candy things, but that might be a tough cookie to implement from what I've read in various places so far.

I have no need for MMS support, but it should be possible to pass the URL from a "push" SMS message to something that can download it and decode it. Sending MMS, IIRC, is done via an internet connection. The software to do all this may already exist.

Uploaded a new version of titchy-phone-daemon. If an MMS message is received, it will be treated as SMS, but the URL of the MMS will be passed to the event.d scripts as $4. What happens next is someone else's problem, I'm afraid, but I think downloading and decoding a simple picture message should be quite simple.

Edit: This project can apparently encode, decode and send MMS.
datathief
QUOTE(domi007 @ Jun 19 2008, 01:53 PM) *
Thank you, but how can I write > character with the keyboard of the Universal? blink.gif

http://wiki.neilandtheresa.co.uk/Titchy_Linux/Tips/Keyboard
domi007
QUOTE(datathief @ Jun 19 2008, 05:32 PM) *
QUOTE(domi007 @ Jun 19 2008, 01:53 PM) *

http://wiki.neilandtheresa.co.uk/Titchy_Linux/Tips/Keyboard

Thank you, second time too!

But, could someone say something to this:
QUOTE(domi007)
MOD:
I could do it already (i mounted the partition, and modified the file with my pc), but it isn't working nevertheless. I applied all the settings, but nothing. Ping command says:
ping www.google.com

But, in Windows, it says already that "USB Network is connected", but I cannot ping anything. (I also shared my network connection with the "USB Network")

Thanks!
DOMy
datathief
QUOTE(domi007 @ Jun 19 2008, 04:47 PM) *
ping www.google.com

Does:
CODE
ping 66.102.9.147

do anything?

Can you post the output of running ipconfig on the Windows machine, and ifconfig on the phone?
domi007
QUOTE(datathief @ Jun 20 2008, 11:25 AM) *
Does:
CODE
ping 66.102.9.147

do anything?

Can you post the output of running ipconfig on the Windows machine, and ifconfig on the phone?

No, "Destination Host is Unreachable".

ipconfig on my Windows machine (translated)

CODE
Windows IP configuration

Ethernet-adapter VMware Network Adapter VMnet8:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix. . . . :
        IP-adress. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.100
        Subnet Mask. . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
        Default Gateway. . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1

Ethernet-adapter Local Connection:

IP-adress. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : 10.0.0.40
        Subnet mask. . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
        Default gateway. . . . . . . . : 10.0.0.40

PPP-adapter [my_internet_connection]:

IP-adress. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : 212.183.66.233
        Subnet mask. . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.255
        Default gateway. . . . . . . . : 212.183.66.233

Ethernet-adapter USB Network:

IP-adress. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
        Subnet mask. . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
        Default gateway. . . . . . . . :

ifconfig on my HTC Universal (only the usb0 connection):
CODE
usb0             Link encap:Ethernet   HWADDR 42:41:9C:2e:14:79
                 inet addr: 192.168.1.2  Bcast:192.168.1.255  Mask:255.255.255.0
                 UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1
                 RX packets:82 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
                 TX packets:66 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
                 collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
                 RX bytes:20439 (19.9KiB)   TX bytes: 5675 (5.5 KiB)

That's it, thank you!
DOMy
datathief
QUOTE(domi007 @ Jun 20 2008, 04:56 PM) *
ifconfig on my HTC Universal (only the usb0 connection):
CODE
usb0             Link encap:Ethernet   HWADDR 42:41:9C:2e:14:79
                 inet addr: 192.168.1.2  Bcast:192.168.1.255  Mask:255.255.255.0
                 UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1
                 RX packets:82 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
                 TX packets:66 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
                 collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
                 RX bytes:20439 (19.9KiB)   TX bytes: 5675 (5.5 KiB)

That's it, thank you!
DOMy

The phone's IP address is wrong. Try:
CODE
ifconfig usb0 192168.0.2

datathief
I've added a package of network settings and scripts.

It takes care of the USB settings, GPRS (including dial-on-demand), and WiFi (including powering it down on suspend, and lowering the speed for extra stability).

It's not fully tested at this stage. Anyone want to give it a try?

Edit: Also fixed a bug in titchy-phone-daemon that stopped GPRS working.

Edit2: Another titchy-phone-daemon update. Running "/etc/init.d/titchy-phone-daemon stop" now unregisters from the network, allowing "flight mode".
domi007
Hi datathief,
First of all, if you think, you can add my installation guide to the Wiki page.
Here can you find it: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...;postcount=2056

Second I tried the IP address, but the ping command says now:
CODE
connect: Network is unreachable

DOMy
datathief
QUOTE(domi007 @ Jun 21 2008, 03:04 PM) *
CODE

Maybe you need to do:
CODE
route add default gw 192.168.0.1

Or you could try installing titchy-network-settings and just:
CODE
ifup usb0
domi007
QUOTE(datathief @ Jun 22 2008, 01:16 AM) *
QUOTE(domi007 @ Jun 21 2008, 03:04 PM) *
CODE

Maybe you need to do:
CODE
route add default gw 192.168.0.1

Or you could try installing titchy-network-settings and just:
CODE
ifup usb0

I will try titchy-network-settings.

But, dpkg says, that titchy-network-settings depends on titchy-phone-daemon and titchy-hardware-support. If I try to install these packages, dpkg says, that they are already installed by htcunid package (therefore there is a conflict). Should I replace the htcunid packages with the two, mentioned above?

Mod:
I had to uninstall the htcunid package, and now I have all the packages installed, and I did ifup usb0, it said: ifup: interface usb0 already configured, but ping doesn't work....I have to think, that something with my Windows isn't okay, but I don't know, what.
I shared the internet connection with the USB network, whatelse can I do..?
It is very nerve-racking.

Thank You!
DOMy
datathief
QUOTE(domi007 @ Jun 22 2008, 08:49 AM) *
But, dpkg says, that titchy-network-settings depends on titchy-phone-daemon and titchy-hardware-support. If I try to install these packages, dpkg says, that they are already installed by htcunid package (therefore there is a conflict). Should I replace the htcunid packages with the two, mentioned above?

These packages replace htcunid, which is an old obsolete package. It is safe to install them.

I had to uninstall the htcunid package, and now I have all the packages installed, and I did ifup usb0, it said: ifup: interface usb0 already configured, but ping doesn't work....I have to think, that something with my Windows isn't okay, but I don't know, what.

Make sure you have the following section in /etc/network/interfaces:
CODE
iface usb0 inet static
  address 192.168.0.2
  netmask 255.255.255.0
  gateway 192.168.0.1

Then try:
CODE
ifdown --force usb0
ifup usb0

If you still have problems, try rebooting. If you still cannot connect, please post the results of:
CODE
ifconfig usb0
route -n
ShiroiKuma
I would like to disable the clock display before suspend, so that the screen doesn't have to re-render when coming out of suspend. It's not evident to me now, where in the scripts this clock is caled before suspend. How can I disable it?
datathief
QUOTE(ShiroiKuma @ Jun 22 2008, 02:17 PM) *
I would like to disable the clock display before suspend, so that the screen doesn't have to re-render when coming out of suspend. It's not evident to me now, where in the scripts this clock is caled before suspend. How can I disable it?

CODE
rm /etc/apm/suspend.d/99titchy-phoneui-shiny
domi007
QUOTE(datathief @ Jun 22 2008, 03:51 PM) *
QUOTE(domi007 @ Jun 22 2008, 08:49 AM) *

These packages replace htcunid, which is an old obsolete package. It is safe to install them.

Make sure you have the following section in /etc/network/interfaces:
CODE
iface usb0 inet static
  address 192.168.0.2
  netmask 255.255.255.0
  gateway 192.168.0.1

Then try:
CODE
ifdown --force usb0
ifup usb0

If you still have problems, try rebooting. If you still cannot connect, please post the results of:
CODE
ifconfig usb0
route -n

datathief:
You did it! I can only say, thank you very much, awesome, it is working now!!
Very good job, thank you twice!!

DOMy

BTW:
What do you think about my tutorial? Perhaps, it can be useful for someone.
2. the apt-get didn't find any packages, could you post please your sources.list file?
Thanks!
datathief
QUOTE(domi007 @ Jun 22 2008, 05:37 PM) *
What do you think about my tutorial? Perhaps, it can be useful for someone.

I'll take a look at it.

2. the apt-get didn't find any packages, could you post please your sources.list file?

The default sources.list from my rootfs:
CODE
deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian testing main
deb http://debian.neilandtheresa.co.uk/ titchy/

(my personal sources.list uses my ISP's Debian mirror, which wouldn't be appropriate for you).
kitor
I'm going to install titchy-desktop and xserver-titchy but apt-get didn't find them. What I'm doing wrong?

I have a working WiFi connection...

[edit]

Ok, i've done apt-get update and now apt-get found packages - i'm downloading it smile.gif
datathief
New version of titchy-hardware-support. If you've noticed these bugs, upgrade.
  • Clicking sound from the stereo speakers on resume.
  • If headphones are plugged in on suspend, sound plays from speakers on resume.
IIZIIm
Is there a default root password in titchy?
I installed xserver-titchy, icewm and xdm and now i can't log in as root anymore, but only as the regular user i created.
IIZIIm
Never mind, i did something like FN-'Letter"-p and logged in in console as root.
Is this a bug: In xterm and xdm-login i could not login as root?
domi007
Hi,
One small question now: What is the differnce between debian ARM packages and debian ARMEL packages?
Why can'T we use a normal ARM package on the Universal?

Thanks!
DOMy
IIZIIm
It worked, when i created a password. So everthing fine now.
What's going on with wifi, any patches written?
Did you try http://gnulinux.biz/files/Universal/sd-mmc/2.6.16-obsolete/
IIZIIm
Hi,
One small question now: What is the differnce between debian ARM packages and debian ARMEL packages?
Why can'T we use a normal ARM package on the Universal?

Thanks!
DOMy

It is about what they are compiled for, eabi or oabi.

*Just playing supertux on universal* smile.gif
VecH
Each time after boot date and time are reset to 1998 year
IIZIIm
When i slide the key on the right side of the backlight key, the backlight key stops working.
Is there a programm for monitoring battery status?

BTW great work, datathief.

greets
kitor
QUOTE(IIZIIm @ Jun 26 2008, 08:23 PM) *
Never mind, i did something like FN-'Letter"-p and logged in in console as root.

You must go to console and set password for root (passwd) or you can't log in...
IIZIIm
QUOTE(kitor @ Jun 27 2008, 04:48 AM) *
QUOTE(IIZIIm @ Jun 26 2008, 08:23 PM) *

You must go to console and set password for root (passwd) or you can't log in...

That's what i suggested and did.

I found a kernel source with slightly improved wifi, it downloads 300kb/s for about 2 minutes befor it crashes,
http://www.linuxtogo.org/~goxboxlive/htcuniversal/Kernel/
webdork
QUOTE(IIZIIm @ Jun 28 2008, 01:34 AM) *
I found a kernel source with slightly improved wifi, it downloads 300kb/s for about 2 minutes befor it crashes,

I somehow doubt that it's any better. Just in case it is, I've just cross-compiled and will test..

EDIT: I dont see any difference :/
linuxFreq
Hey,

I know it might be obvious to some but i don't think it's been posted here so:

There is a bug with the touchscreen. If wifi is enabled in wince at the time of booting into linux the touch screen will not work.

http://www.handhelds.org/moin/moin.cgi/UniversalBugs

Hope this helps someone.
IIZIIm
QUOTE(IIZIIm @ Jun 28 2008, 01:34 AM) *

I somehow doubt that it's any better. Just in case it is, I've just cross-compiled and will test..

EDIT: I dont see any difference :/

I compared to opie, gpe and self compiled kernel, they lasted only few seconds. Since titchy uses qtopia kernel i think, i did not know if it is better.
I installed about 200mb of software with about 5 interruptions. When interrupted i repeated a command and continued, which was quite comfortable.
webdork
QUOTE(IIZIIm @ Jun 28 2008, 04:04 PM) *
I compared to opie, gpe and self compiled kernel, they lasted only few seconds. Since titchy uses qtopia kernel i think, i did not know if it is better.
I installed about 200mb of software with about 5 interruptions. When interrupted i repeated a command and continued, which was quite comfortable.

Yes... the 2.6.21-hh20 kernel is a bit better, but not much due to the driver limitation in the dirty driver code. I know for a fact that there is work being done to get the Universal supported in the git kernel as mainline for 2.6.26, once the problems with asic3 and the touchscreen driver are fixed ( a new kernel is LOG overdue for the Uni).

Hopefully there will be interest enough to get the newest ACX driver from the SourceForge project adapted with the new kernel for the Uni, since there is significant improvement in stability with the new driver.

We will see.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.