QUOTE(ShiroiKuma @ Apr 18 2008, 11:36 PM)
SMS getting passed to whiptail doesn't work if extended character set (Unicode) is used. This is a big problem in languages that use them, i.e. Russian, Czech etc. If an SMS with Unicode characters is received, it is displayed as empty.
The function to decode an SMS doesn't handle anything more than 7-bit ASCII yet.
After making a call, touchtones are not possible. Thus when you dial into let's say a mailbox, or a bank automatized system, you cannot enter numbers or pounds etc.
True. I can add a function to htcunid to do this, but I don't have any ideas for a UI.
I'm currently away from my Z, but perhaps the command to revigorate the keyboard after suspend should be executed as part of the restore after suspend sequence. Since I don't have the Z to inspect, don't remember where the shellscripts to be carried out after restore went...
Do you have apmd installed? This works for me (see /etc/apm/event.d/htcuni-keyboard).
Didn't check so far, but did you include the wifi powerdown to save energy into the init scripts to be run after boot?
Yes - this is done by /etc/init.d/htcuni-wifipower.
EDIT: Installed htcunid-0.3 and the Unicode SMS missing is partially solved, I think. It comes as garbled text, but that's evidently because whiptail doesn't use a Unicode font. This is an improvement though.
Anyhow, an archiving option needs to be built into the SMS receiption. I.e. not only display the SMS received and number it came from, but also echo it >> to a default SMS archive. If you're not working on it, I'll come up with a temporary hack. The same goes for calls. There needs to be a call register. I'm just about to check the caller ID in htcunid-0.3, but again, a simple echo the number and time >> to a call-log file should do.
The default example script does this. A better solution would involve /var/spool and use mailbox format. Feel free to upload scripts to the wiki.
EDIT2: When I added a quick hack to whiptail shellscript to >> the SMS text to a log-sms.txt file, it seems it doesn't save the text in Unicode. Can't tell for sure, since I haven't installed a UTF-8 compliant terminal, but seems to be the case. Will report back later.
Again, see above.
EDIT3: The htcunid-0.3 package gives me problems when accepting a call. The call ends in a couple of seconds and the phone freezes.
I'll look into this. Could be a problem with the whiptail script.
EDIT4: I'm thinking it's not associated with the package itself, rather a config of zdevil's rootfs I used originally. Maybe it might be better to install from datathiefs rootfs. I vaguely recall when installing X under debian on the Z the need to take packages from Aangstroem, like xserver-kdrive etc. Datathief, do you have a brief set of steps to take to install working X, since I can't consult with the Z.
I used the packages from http://yonggun.tistory.com/54