QUOTE(tovarish @ Apr 14 2008, 10:48 AM)
just a hard reset wont do, you need to install a rom again. google for cacko rom and install it on your client's zaurus. cacko rom provides the best compatibility to the original sharp rom with lots of new features.
alternately you can do a nand restore. you can get the nand restore file here http://downloads.conics.net/pda/zaurus-sl-...iginal-backups/
Thanks very much for the info. I found the "cacko rom" page, but couldn't find anything compatible with the c860. so I went to the other link you provided, downloaded the ROM update, and copied it to the SD card (I have no idea if this is the correct procedure, I should mention).
Now, not sure what I am doing exactly, but here are the steps I took:
1. Removed battery, then put it back
2. Plugged in power, then held down OK key and power button simultaneously
3. On the screen presented, chose option 4 (Flash/Update) as per PDF manual I am using
4. Chose the SD option, then went ahead with the update. Seemed to be going as expected, but...
5. AAARRGGHH! Boots to user login again, no change.
Please help me! I have never used one of these things, and I have been hired to fix it, but finding no joy.