I bought a C1000 off eBay last week, and it arrived yesterday. It came with an Ambicom W1100C-CF WIFI card and a PDair leather case for $305.00 (and $10.00 shipping). It is really a nice piece of technology!! It came with Cacko preinstalled, but I flashed a fresh Cacko 1.23 just to have a nice clean start.
First order of business: install the greater than 1 GB SD driver!!! That went well using the ipk from here at the forums.
Things I have learned:
1. Where is the Cacko 1.23 feed? (The one preloaded in the ROM appears to have........ disappeared!) For other new users, here is a feed:
and here is the zaurususergroup feed:
2. The best libSDL to use for scummvm (from the above-referenced feed): http://web.mol.ru/~zaurus/feed/libsdl_1.2....41025-j_arm.ipk . (Other libSDLs seemed to have problems drawing the screen for scummvm properly.)
3. To get samba working: Samba server is already there. You can find smbclient in the feed above. To configure samba, you have to rename the link at /etc/samba/smb.conf to something else and make a copy of it and name the copy smb.conf (leaving it in the same directory). The reason: the original smb.conf is just a simlink to a file that is read-only. So edit the new smb.conf with your own workgroup name, and other settings you wish. Don't forget to: smbd restart and nmbd restart to activate those changes. You may want to edit the /etc/hosts file to include your IP addresses and aliases for other computers on your network too.
4. Where to find the greater than 1 GB SD driver: http://www.oesf.org/forum/index.php?act=at...ost&id=2301 It is a nice ipk, easy to install! (If you need to unzip it on your Z, go get http://www.zaurususergroup.org/feed/unzip_5.24_arm.ipk from the zaurususergroup feed mentioned above. It is a console tool, so just cd to the directory where your zipped file is, and type: unzip [name of zip file] of course without the brackets.)
5. Next came opie-keypebble from the first feed above. You need to enter the IP number of the computer you wish to connect to. At least using the hostname did not work for me. (Maybe because I need to reboot after making the entry in /etc/hosts mentioned in #3 above.)
6. Two more must-haves for me are Zeditor, and TreeExplorer, also in the feeds.
7. Another must-have is EvilJazz's quasar from his website:
(To use with Cacko 1.23, obviously get the one for SharpROM/Cacko. )
Future projects: Can I print from the C1000? and I have not really tried syncing with my laptop yet. Also have not yet tried to use Kismet.