Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1/f1 Issues
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Distro Support and Discussion > Debian
Capn_Fish
Sorry if this has been answered already, I saw nothing obvious in my search (it'll also make finding the solution easier).

When using some apps (Epiphany, Gnumeric), the '1' key doesn't work. To make matters worse, it registers as F1, which, in Gnumeric at least, brings up the help (and bogs down the system SOOOO much). Any solutions?

Thanks.
2or0
QUOTE(Capn_Fish @ Jun 13 2008, 06:25 AM) *
Sorry if this has been answered already, I saw nothing obvious in my search (it'll also make finding the solution easier).

When using some apps (Epiphany, Gnumeric), the '1' key doesn't work. To make matters worse, it registers as F1, which, in Gnumeric at least, brings up the help (and bogs down the system SOOOO much). Any solutions?

Thanks.

The following post may help you:
http://www.oesf.org/forum/index.php?s=&...st&p=175958
maemorandum
QUOTE(2or0 @ Jun 13 2008, 11:31 PM) *
QUOTE(Capn_Fish @ Jun 13 2008, 06:25 AM) *

Thanks.

The following post may help you:
http://www.oesf.org/forum/index.php?s=&...st&p=175958

Speaking german. Have the same problem.
But -末末末末末末 can u say it in clear words?

(Sorry 2or0 smile.gif , but - is there a chance in this forum to get an answer without solving a complete nineteen post yes-or-no sudoku puzzle?)
Capn_Fish
It's easy:

CODE
cd /usr/bin
mv yelp yelp.orig
EDITOR yelp
chmod a+x yelp

Add this to yelp:
CODE
#!/bin/sh
xmodmap -e 'keysym 0x31 = 1 exclam'
xmodmap -e 'keysym 0x34 = 4 dollar'
xmodmap -e 'keysym 0x39 = 9 parenright'

Thanks, 2or0, that works great!
scottlfa
Gnome sets the 1 and f1 keybindings too, gconfig to change them.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.