Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bluetooth On 2.6.24.4-yonggun?
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Distro Support and Discussion > Debian
Shem
Hey all!

I'm searching and trying for a few days now, and I'm at the point of giving up..

When I insert my bluetooth CF card Anycom LSE139 (CF-300), nothing is reconized. Dmesg only says:

Jan 4 03:32:42 zaurus kernel: pccard: PCMCIA card inserted into slot 1
Jan 4 03:32:42 zaurus kernel: pcmcia: registering new device pcmcia1.0

Hciconfig gives me nothing.

Pccardctl ident 1 does give me info about the card.
I (re)loaded /etc/init.d/bluetooth a 1000 times wink.gif

Manually entering "hciattach /dev/TTYS0 ericsson" does work, but the output of "hcitool dev" stays empty.

Anyone, tips please sad.gif?
Shem
VERY strange: I've got bluetooth "working", that is, hcitool scans for macaddresses, and finds 3. That ok. But the thing is, is displays the mac-addresses wrong. It randomly adds 00:02 of 00:01 before the mac, and substracts the last 2 octets. Ofcourse, "hcitool name xx:xx:xx:xx:xx" gives me nothing. But when I enter the right mac (learned from another PC), it can find all the info..

Any idea anyone? I have to load bluecard_cs manually to enable my card.. Maybe not compatible with the kernel or something?

Please help me out sad.gif..
Shem
Thanks for all the reply's sad.gif

Found out that more wasn't working (nmap, ettercap, etc). Seems like a kernel problem, tried zdevils rootfs + older kernel and everything worked out of the box..
olipage
QUOTE(Shem @ Jun 23 2008, 06:08 PM) *
VERY strange: I've got bluetooth "working", that is, hcitool scans for macaddresses, and finds 3. That ok. But the thing is, is displays the mac-addresses wrong. It randomly adds 00:02 of 00:01 before the mac, and substracts the last 2 octets. Ofcourse, "hcitool name xx:xx:xx:xx:xx" gives me nothing. But when I enter the right mac (learned from another PC), it can find all the info..

Any idea anyone? I have to load bluecard_cs manually to enable my card.. Maybe not compatible with the kernel or something?

Please help me out sad.gif..

hey,

what did you do to get it working, i have similar problem running 2.6.24 - but i did not succed in getting it to the point you did.

i have another card, using the same chipset, but have already tried to bind to bluecard_cs.

thanks a lot for your info...

'Oliver
Shem
Well, the only solution for me was to change to another kernel, couldnt get it to work with the 2.6.24.4 kernel.

If I were you, I'd wait for the release of zubuntu 1.0, looks very promising..

http://www.omegamoon.com/blog/

jeana
Did you tried to install the pcmciautils package ?

I had a similar problem about cf card that wasn't recognized when inserted. Same dmesg, without the device detection. :

Jan 4 03:32:42 zaurus kernel: pccard: PCMCIA card inserted into slot 1
Jan 4 03:32:42 zaurus kernel: pcmcia: registering new device pcmcia1.0

And after the installation of the pcmciautils package everything was OK.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.