Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How About Mtpaint For Sharp/cacko Rom?
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Everything Development > User Request for Applications
the_oak
Mike Tyler has published a paint program that seems more full-featured than most others available. Can someone complie this?

http://mtpaint.sourceforge.net/
Capn_Fish
It's a GTK app, so you'd have to run it under X/QT.
the_oak
It will run on 200 Mhz CPU, and 16 MB RAM, so even with X/Qt, I would think it would be reasonably snappy. What do you think? Wouldn't hurt to compile for pdaXrom too.
Capn_Fish
If it runs on pdaX beta1, it ought to run on X/QT. Also, my C750 is sitting there, with a beta1 build environment all set up.

In short: I'll try to get it built when I have time. I thought I had done it already, but I guess not (or maybe it was one of those "funny" apps that wouldn't "make install" correctly).
Capn_Fish
OK, it's compiled. I'll get an ipk up tomorrow.
Capn_Fish
For using natively under Cacko, I remember an app called Clover Paint that was quite nice, FWIW.
the_oak
I've used CloverPaint. and it is indeed nice, but not as user friendly, and does not have select tools, fill tools, smudge, blur, and other filters. I think CloverPaint is designed more for sketching.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.