Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gcc
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Everything Development > User Request for Applications
AeroSigma
I've got an SL-6000 running the Sharp ROM on Tetsu's Kernel, and I need gcc. I've tried installing zgcc2 I've followed directions for zgcc elswhere, I've tried zgcc from pdaXrom, none of them have worked. Can anyone point me to a simple way to get a c compiler on my zaurus? I'm not trying to compile big awsome applications to run on my Z, I don't need make or ./configure, I just want to be able to compile and run simple self-coded programs while I'm learning C. Can anyone help me out here?

-AeroSigma
jfv
Maybe somebody could compile tcc. Unfortunately I can't at the moment.
AeroSigma
That would be nice, but thier website seems to indeicate that tcc "generates x86 code" and I would need ARM code to run on my Zaurus, right?
jfv
You are probably right. I didn't read the whole thing.
jfv
Here is something else that might work tinycc but the README seems seems to be missing some essential info.
Capn_Fish
Well, if you're using pdaXrom, the ZGCC squash-/cramfs should work fine, provided you followed the instructions for setting it up.

Just mounting it under Cacko/Sharp SHOULD work, but you'd need to edit your PATH with whatever additional stuff pdaX has (maybe somebody with a beta 1 setup could post it...). I thought there was a Cacko GCC image floating around a long time ago, but that may have been cross-compiling stuff.

If you're using Angstrom, as your sig suggests, you should be able to just install all of the necessary stuff (ipkg install gcc ...).

HTH
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.