Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Andromeda Installation
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Distro Support and Discussion > Debian
ipenido
Hello
I want to install Andromeda standalone in a Zaurus SL-3100 with a 4GB hard drive. How should I make the partitions of the disk to install it?
thanks
HRH_H_Crab
QUOTE(ipenido @ Aug 28 2008, 12:30 AM) *
Hello
I want to install Andromeda standalone in a Zaurus SL-3100 with a 4GB hard drive. How should I make the partitions of the disk to install it?
thanks

You can partition pretty much how you want.
The image kind of expects 3 partitions though, with the 3rd one being swap.
If you want to change this to deal with the errors, have a look in /etc/rc.local or whatever it is.
For reasons that I have no understanding of whatsoever, this is the file that activates the swap (rather than fstab).
scottlfa
Make sure the partition is formatted to ext3, or it will not be found during install.

Just switched to Andromeda myself, seems faster than basic Debian install I did.
Wildherb
if it is not a daft question, how do you format the 3100 internal hard disk as ext3? Within cacko and also within the D+B emergency linux there is no mke3fs command.
matthis
ext3 is journaled ext2. Hence:

mke2fs -j /dev/hdXn (name of your partition)
Wildherb
QUOTE(matthis @ Oct 21 2008, 01:06 AM) *
ext3 is journaled ext2. Hence:

mke2fs -j /dev/hdXn (name of your partition)

Thanks, This is exactly what I did anyway becuase I couldnt see why ext2 should be a problem. My 3100 is now running yonggun's configuration. I've localised it to english and it seems to work pretty well. Performance is generally OK but a bit slow on some things which is understandable.

Very pleased to report that CPAN Perl modules can be compiled on board the Z which means I can run things like SQLiX - only ever managed to get that running under BSD on my Z, never under Linux before! Looks like there has been a debian party going on here and I'm late to arrive.

Z3n
So I got this installed and I am very pleased with it. Congratulations Younggun, very nice work.

I have run into a few snags and wanted to see if anyone had a solution

1. Hawking CF Network card (dmesg - NE2000 (DL10022 rev 05) io 0xc4840300, irq 169, hw_addr ...) isn't working. I have it plugged and and all I am seeing is the RX light flash repeatedly. Not sure what is going on. I have assigned and address but it won't transmit. Never seen this before...

EDIT: Bad network cable, took the 4 one I guess...

2. Socket Bluetooth doesn't work but I don't have network connectivity at the moment (above) to install the bluez packages.

EDIT: So I got sshd installed but it keeps asking me to change my password on login. How does one stop this behavior?

Any assistance would be appreciated.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.