The release of the new iPod Touch also marked the arrival of the device that I always wanted my Zaurus to be. Therefore I'm looking to sell my SL-6000L, which has been functioning only as a voice recorder for about a year. I invested a lot of money in kitting it out, so it comes with some handy extras.
- SL-6000L (the model with the 3.5" 640x480 screen!). A bit faded and scratched in places, as you might expect, but no worse for the wear. The screen has been covered with protective film since about the sixth month of ownership. The plastic display protector is still in place and has rarely been taken off.
- Socket Bluetooth CF card. Doesn't stick out and is compatible with a lot of open-source drivers.
- Extra battery. This has been kept in the fridge at 40% charge for optimal longevity. The original battery still holds a fairly long charge, though a Wi-Fi connection will easily drain it in about an hour.
- 1GB SD and CF cards (1 each). This is the maximum storage capacity the original Sharp ROM is compatible with.
- The original Sharp (Qtopia) ROM with extended libraries and tons of working software. For example, I paid around $40 for a Textmaker license, and I've gathered great apps – many of which have since vanished online – from far and wide. I'll remove all my personal data but keep my highly polished ROM as is. Seriously, it looks good and is very stable.
- Dock and power cord (naturally).
- At least one extra stylus.
- 2.5mm to 3.5mm headphone jack adapter. This is important if you want to, say, listen to music.
- All the original software CDs.
- I'll even throw in some Displex display polish.
I'm in Germany but will ship to anywhere except Nigeria (unless, of course, you're a prince who's looking to temporarily transfer money into my bank account). I'm asking for 125 euros ($175) on account of all the extras, which put my total expenditure somewhere in the $500 range, but that price is definitely negotiable. Most important to me is that my Z finds a good home.
Please get in touch if you're interested!