Heres how to get online with BT3:
insert the USB Card into the Hub. we are dealing here with the rt73 Card Edimax EW-7318USg Card but any RT73 card should do it.
open a BASH Shell and issue:
ifconfig rausb0 up
iwconfig rausb0 essid "essid_of_AP" channel X mode managed enc ABCDEF0123456789 ap 00:11:22:33:44:55
1. essid_of_AP = the essid of the AP in quotes
2. X = channel AP is on. enter 2 for channel 2 or 11 for channel 11 etc,etc...
3. ABCDEF0123456789 = the HEX encryption key if the Network is using WEP. this will be either 6 or 13 bytes long.
4. ap = 00:11:22:33:44:55 replace this with the AP's MAC addresss
Now, if the HTTP control page is at 192.168.1.254 do next:
the hostname is bt
finally, to get online using DHCP do:
dhcpcd -h bt -G 192.168.1.254 rausb0
if this command don't complete almost immediately, it will fail to connect. then check:
Is USB Card connected to a powered hub ?
Is the card on the same channel as the AP ?
Is the AP's MAC displayed after you issue iwconfig ?
Can someone please answer these for me:
1. How do we get the AP's MAC address listed with iwconfig in pdaXii13 using a USB Card ?
2. I have tried this method with pdaXii13 on a Zaurus SL-C1000. All commands load except:
iwconfig rausb0 ap 00:11:22:33:44:55
even though this command completes correctly, the AP's MAC is still not listed when afterwards we issue iwconfig .
therefore, does anyone know the solution to this ? because if we then try the dhcpcd command above, it fails,
as I said, all other parameters get loaded except AP, a rather annoying little problem.
Hope someone can help.
Thanks all, Allelectrix