Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Zubuntu 1.0 Rc1
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Distro Support and Discussion > Ubuntu
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Kirin
no luck on sound .... i went into alsamixer, and flip everything that listed as mm to the opposite setting.

A restart won't help either... help...... :-(
same
no luck on sound

jeh, run alsamixer as cortez said, then use the right arrow and go to the end, after one hundred column' devices you'll see "Speaker" "column" in my case must be > 90 to hear some sound
Kirin
oh wow, you guys are the best!!!! Thanks, now my zubuntu is fully functioning, woo hoo!
2dBH
QUOTE(same @ Feb 26 2009, 01:24 AM) *
no luck on sound

jeh, run alsamixer as cortez said, then use the right arrow and go to the end, after one hundred column' devices you'll see "Speaker" "column" in my case must be > 90 to hear some sound

Hi Same

It seems you are able to run pdaxii13 on HD of SL-C3200 and zubuntu on SDHC. This is precisely what I want to do, but I have failed. I got Kernel panic: no init found ...

Can you give some hints on the installation? e.g. what is in your kernel-cmdline? Thanks in advance.

pdaxii13 (akita) on HD SL-C3200.
speculatrix
I unmuted every sound output, turned volume up to max and I get no sound out of the speaker sad.gif

and then on a hunch, I plugged the headphones in, and guess what! no sound either. wacko.gif
same
2dbh: i use the kexec way from debian andromeda. for me it's enough

speculatrix: check my amixer reply, u could compare with yours http://pastebin.com/f6c97c80
speculatrix
QUOTE(same @ Feb 27 2009, 11:58 PM) *

speculatrix: check my amixer reply, u could compare with yours http://pastebin.com/f6c97c80

woohoo! yes, I found the right and left mixers were disabled, now I have sound. thanks ever so much!
Kirin
Is there any battery monitor app that you guys will recommend?

And what applications did you guys use on Zubuntu?
apink
QUOTE(Kirin @ Mar 2 2009, 12:28 PM) *
Is there any battery monitor app that you guys will recommend?

And what applications did you guys use on Zubuntu?

awk ' {print $7}' /proc/apm
same
i use xbattbar
added the following command to /root/.xinitrc before the launch of desktop:
xbattbar -a -t 2 -i darkorange -I green -o black -O black -p 15 right > /dev/null &
it paints a 2 pixels bar to the right of the screen, when charging is green, discharging darkorange. it's a small program.
2dBH
QUOTE(same @ Feb 27 2009, 03:58 PM) *

This is a really good suggestion. Thanks a lot! I will try it soon.
canguy247
Hey all,

Any chance someone could post the dm9601 module for this kernel?

Thanks,
Canguy
Chero
Just been reading the full thread.

Should have done that before asking stupid questions in other threads ...

Sorry,
Having fun with Zubuntu,
Chero.
pasteur
Help me!! sad.gif

I have installed zubuntu 1.0 on my zaurus c-1000. When I insert wifi cf card, my zaurus behaves like "I don't know what this card is.". The card's led doesn't even blink!! (just turned on)

Typing "pccardctl ident" :
Socket 0:
product info: "IPOne", "AirGate2000C", "Version 01.02", ""
manfid: 0x0713, 0x0002
function: 6 (network)

"pccardctl info" :
PRODID_1="IPOne"
PRODID_2="AirGate2000C"
PRODID_3="Version 01.02"
PRODID_4=""
MANFID=0713,0002
FUNCID=6

"pccardctl ls" :
Socket 0 Bridge: [pxa2xx-pcmcia] (bus ID: pxa2xx-pcmcia)
Socket 0 Device 0: [-- no driver -- ] (bus ID: 0.0)

On Yonggun's latest debian kernel and pdaxrom beta1~3, the card worked perfectly.
I think this problem caused by missing of proper driver.

WHAT SHOULD I DO???
same
QUOTE(pasteur @ Mar 22 2009, 04:34 AM) *
Help me!! sad.gif
WHAT SHOULD I DO???

try sudo modprobe hostap_cs
or the driver that debian use, if the command allows the card to be detected, do a
echo hostap_cs >> /etc/modules to force module load at startup

edit: thnx ofels, fixed the error wink.gif
ofels
QUOTE(same @ Mar 22 2009, 05:51 PM) *
cat hostap_cs >> /etc/modules to force module load at startup

echo hostap_cs >> /etc/modules to beprecise, not cat. wink.gif

Oliver
pasteur
QUOTE(same @ Mar 23 2009, 01:51 AM) *
QUOTE(pasteur @ Mar 22 2009, 04:34 AM) *
Help me!! sad.gif
WHAT SHOULD I DO???

try sudo modprobe hostap_cs
or the driver that debian use, if the command allows the card to be detected, do a
echo hostap_cs >> /etc/modules to force module load at startup

edit: thnx ofels, fixed the error wink.gif

Thanks for a helpful tip, but still doesn't work. [-- no driver--]

Here is the windows driver of my wifi card. (will be deleted later.)
same
QUOTE(pasteur @ Mar 22 2009, 07:41 PM) *

(i don't know what to do with the ipone win driver) blink.gif
anyway, what is the driver used by debian? hostap_cs? pcmcia_cs? any hint?

on the other hand, if you say it works under debian, a quick way would be to use zImage (kernel) and modules from debian, (until someone that uses your card with ubuntu can help you):
- just copy the zImage to /boot/ folder (rename the other to zImage-ubuntu)
- copy the /lib/modules/2.6.24.4-yonngun/ from debian to /lib/modules/ in ubuntu
- then you'll have to change the TSLIB_TSDEVICE="/blablabla/" in .xinitrc or .profile (can't remember), read this, explains how to find the correct ts device: http://www.oesf.org/forum/index.php?s=&...st&p=181584 (ignore step 4)
hope it helps
pasteur
QUOTE(same @ Mar 23 2009, 08:13 PM) *
QUOTE(pasteur @ Mar 22 2009, 07:41 PM) *

(i don't know what to do with the ipone win driver) blink.gif
anyway, what is the driver used by debian? hostap_cs? pcmcia_cs? any hint?

on the other hand, if you say it works under debian, a quick way would be to use zImage (kernel) and modules from debian, (until someone that uses your card with ubuntu can help you):
- just copy the zImage to /boot/ folder (rename the other to zImage-ubuntu)
- copy the /lib/modules/2.6.24.4-yonngun/ from debian to /lib/modules/ in ubuntu
- then you'll have to change the TSLIB_TSDEVICE="/blablabla/" in .xinitrc or .profile (can't remember), read this, explains how to find the correct ts device: http://www.oesf.org/forum/index.php?s=&...st&p=181584 (ignore step 4)
hope it helps

On debian the wifi card uses "hostap_cs". By the way, I will try your alternative plan. rolleyes.gif
Chero
maybe check "dmesg" first.

What does appear in dmesg after inserting the card ?

Just doing "ifup wlan0" or another interface might be enough to fix the problem.

Chero.
same
QUOTE(Chero @ Mar 23 2009, 06:28 AM) *
maybe check "dmesg" first.

What does appear in dmesg after inserting the card ?

Just doing "ifup wlan0" or another interface might be enough to fix the problem.

Chero.

you're right, i assumed those rutine checks as already done, and might not be the case dry.gif
pasteur
I solved the problem by using debian kernel instead.

I think 'ifup wlan0 (already tried) cannot solve the problem. Checking 'dmesg' will be done later due to my laziness and different kernel which was subsituted before few hours - debian.

Thanks for very kind helps. laugh.gif
ljonesj
i am having a problem formating my cards when i format them in ubuntu 8.10 with gparted installed it says i dont have permission to put the files into the cards and i ahve used my root and my normal login info in and made my regular login a root style login and still no luck help please i would love to get this working
cortez
QUOTE(ljonesj @ Mar 29 2009, 05:09 AM) *
i am having a problem formating my cards when i format them in ubuntu 8.10 with gparted installed it says i dont have permission to put the files into the cards and i ahve used my root and my normal login info in and made my regular login a root style login and still no luck help please i would love to get this working

I had the same problem on and off for quite some time. So sometimes it worked, but most times it didn't. I finally bought a new card reader, which solved all these problems. So for me it was "just" a shitty reader.
zbeckerd
hostap_cs
I went with this module and blacklisted
orinoco
hermes

I did notice that on my /etc/modules file hostap_cs was commented out
#hostap_cs,
so that may have cause me some problems. I am running the RC 1 candidate from cortez omegamoon site with the zubuntu-desktop-jaunty-rootfs_feb.2009-rev-armel on top of that. I tried the RC4 but it froze my cursor and keyboard so went back. This is on Akita.

I have been getting my but kicked for several days and it is nice to relearn a lot of this. I have had wireless network running once but lost it on next boot. The one time it worked after I manually put in the essid and when i looked at iwconfig after something appended a "p" at the end of the essid??? I want to thank cortez and everyone else or I would not have gotten this far.
scottlfa
Got my troublesome wifi card working and running xfce4 atm. Good job on the distro and thanks. It seems to have less broken packages than the present armel of debian too. Kde for instance is not broken.

I switched the mouse key references in xkeybindrc so the fn tap is right click.

No Sound still, all channels are [00] ... all I get from the speakers is a loud buzzing and then when the song stops it stops. This will be a deal breaker for me, like the distro but I dinna have nearly these issues getting sound working in andro debian. Volume is all the way up too, all mixers enabled.
scottlfa
Got sound now, not all of them need to be [OO]. Anyhows been testing WM's in zUbuntu.

KDE is now as of version 4.2 WAY to heavy for the Z, very pretty but bogging all the time.
XFCE4 installs well and for the most part performs at a speed where its usable without too many compromises.
IceWm of course the default runs smooth and with the provided themes, is even palatable to the eye.
The usual speed's and issues from Blackbox, Flux and Openbox.

On too test full on Gnome smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.