Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sound In Jaunty?
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Distro Support and Discussion > Ubuntu
adf
Will alsa work? the mixer seems to "understand" the Z's capabilities pretty well, I just don't seem to have any sound actually coming out yet... suggestions?
ofels
QUOTE(adf @ Apr 21 2009, 05:22 AM) *
Will alsa work? the mixer seems to "understand" the Z's capabilities pretty well, I just don't seem to have any sound actually coming out yet... suggestions?

Open alsamixer from the console and enable all mixers you can find disabled (labeled as [MM]), then carefully disable those you dont need or which have implications on the sound quality.
You might also want to use a headset to adjust headset sound.

Oliver
adf
QUOTE(ofels @ Apr 21 2009, 12:12 AM) *

Open alsamixer from the console and enable all mixers you can find disabled (labeled as [MM]), then carefully disable those you dont need or which have implications on the sound quality.

Oliver

Thanks. I reflashed to minimize complications. reinstalled mplayer, etc. alsamixe "sees" everything, but I can't seem to get sound output, which makes me think I'm missing something really obvious. I've been playing with the "mm" buttons, but without getting sound. Couls anyone tell me what their alsa-mixer has truned on to get sound output?
same
QUOTE(adf @ Apr 26 2009, 05:58 PM) *
QUOTE(ofels @ Apr 21 2009, 12:12 AM) *

Oliver

Thanks. I reflashed to minimize complications. reinstalled mplayer, etc. alsamixe "sees" everything, but I can't seem to get sound output, which makes me think I'm missing something really obvious. I've been playing with the "mm" buttons, but without getting sound. Couls anyone tell me what their alsa-mixer has truned on to get sound output?

read the linked page on that post, it might be helpful http://www.oesf.org/forum/index.php?showto...6410&st=150
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.