Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Watapon Test
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Model Specific Forums > 5x00 General discussions
Lisztfr
Hi,

So i flashed Watapon on my zaurus sl-5600 with pxa250 cpu.

however, it's not faster than the standard SHARP Rom :

Bogomips are the same (397..)

ZJB reports, for Watapon and right, SHARP

int artimethic : 7,63 vs 7,68
doubl A 1,23 vs 1,2
infinite A 2,71 vs 3,6
Strings 3,47 vs 4,3
Draw 6,65 vs 8,4
file IO 2,09 vs 9,0

because of the blue crystal them i switched back to the original sharp ROM smile.gif

I tried to play a video in mplayer but it seem not going better as with Sharp's rom.

Never mind, the machine does all i need

L

craigtyson
Give tkc v1.0 with opie player2 a try

Its been a while since I fired my 5500 up but with a small swap fiel setup, tkc should trounce the SHARP ROM if only because you will be able to play mpeg videos in landscape at 25fps

Lisztfr
I guess tck is not freeware. ANd Opie player seems a little bit buggy, and tricky to install ?

L
craigtyson
The TKC Rom v1.0 was free, not sure where its hosted not (might be on the OESF repository) They created it as a SHARP based ROM without PIMS etc so leaving more room for their apps.

I agree opie2 player is a little tricky to install but with even a small swap file is stable and used to work fine for me.
Lisztfr
Ok, also Angstrom is a possibility... since the 2.6 kernel seems faster ?

Anyway, couldn't one give up the flashing hassl and only swap the internal flash content ?

1) Maintenance menu / format.

2) / Update....

Lisztfr
I found tkc roms but for 5500, not for 5600...

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.