Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pc-z1 Netwalker Reviews
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Model Specific Forums > Sharp PC-Z1 NetWalker
speculatrix
aki'news had a significant reviews and some great pictures

http://www.akihabaranews.com/en/news-19624...09+Zaurus..html
ArchiMark
Thanks for the link and for setting up the Netwalker section!

speculatrix
engadget hands on
http://www.engadget.com/2009/09/03/sharp-p...-never-seen-it/
speculatrix
QUOTE(ArchiMark @ Dec 20 2009, 05:10 PM) *

you're welcome. be sure to put the word out there!
dougeeebear
It sure is good to see the forum coming back to life again.
ArchiMark
QUOTE(speculatrix @ Dec 20 2009, 04:17 PM) *
QUOTE(ArchiMark @ Dec 20 2009, 05:10 PM) *

you're welcome. be sure to put the word out there!

I'm trying, speculatrix!

QUOTE(dougeeebear @ Dec 20 2009, 04:22 PM) *
It sure is good to see the forum coming back to life again.

Yes, it does feel good and havin' a blast with my lil' Netwalker.....

tongue.gif

the_oak
Hey Archi,

Does it actually say Zaurus anywhere on the device, or is it just that it feels like a Z? Just curious if Sharp is trying to part with the Zaurus line, or if they have the wisdom to ride the wave.
merlin1
QUOTE(the_oak @ Dec 21 2009, 03:15 PM) *
Hey Archi,

Does it actually say Zaurus anywhere on the device, or is it just that it feels like a Z? Just curious if Sharp is trying to part with the Zaurus line, or if they have the wisdom to ride the wave.

I'm not ArchiMark, hope that's ok. smile.gif It doesn't say Zaurus anywhere, heck it doesn't even say Netwalker anywhere. It somehow feels like a bigger (and much faster) Z though.
ArchiMark
QUOTE(merlin1 @ Dec 21 2009, 06:17 AM) *
QUOTE(the_oak @ Dec 21 2009, 03:15 PM) *
Hey Archi,

I'm not ArchiMark, hope that's ok. smile.gif It doesn't say Zaurus anywhere, heck it doesn't even say Netwalker anywhere. It somehow feels like a bigger (and much faster) Z though.

Amen, brother merlin1.... you got that right!

wink.gif

the_oak
Not sure why I directed that question only at Archi, except that's the name I saw last, I suppose.

If it's not a Z, then it seems odd to put the "Z" in the model name, don't you think? After all, we all wanted another Z!
merlin1
QUOTE(the_oak @ Dec 21 2009, 04:38 PM) *
Not sure why I directed that question only at Archi, except that's the name I saw last, I suppose.

If it's not a Z, then it seems odd to put the "Z" in the model name, don't you think? After all, we all wanted another Z!

No problemo smile.gif As for the Z in the model name, the recent Zaurus models had no Z in their model name either. To me, the fact its model name starts with "PC" as opposed to "SL" used for Zaurii means they do not see/intend any connection to the Zaurus, and call this a completely new device. Besides, I find it slightly odd they put nothing, yes nothing on the device's lead, no Sharp logo, no Netwalker branding...

It's just my $0.02 of course.
ArchiMark
FWIW, I'm just pleased that Sharp released the Netwalker...don't mind what they call it....

smile.gif
InSearchOf
hmmm... looks like I need to find something to sell to get my hands on one...
:-)

Late
merlin1
QUOTE(InSearchOf @ Dec 22 2009, 03:40 PM) *
hmmm... looks like I need to find something to sell to get my hands on one...
:-)

Late

Great! smile.gif The more users there are, the better. Then it hopefully won't be long before the "really cool stuff®" appears.

Speaking of the Akihabaranews review, I like how they clearly say the Netwalker isn't meant to be yet another netbook and isn't meant to compete with them either. They clearly mention the advantages and disadvantages of the device. Personally, I'm fed up of "reviews" comparing the performance to Atom-based netbooks and saying it's subpar and how an Atom netbook is better because of this and that. This is not a netbook, period.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.