Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Slow Forums - Server Problems ?
OESF Forums > Everything Else > Site Specific Forums > Site Suggestions, Requests, and Updates
koan
The server seem much slower the last few days.
The banner at the top loads up to the line "OESF Portal... Calendar | Members..."
but then the page is slow to load the rest.

Clicking on forums and other links is also very slow.

Is there a problem with the database perhaps ?
ArchiMark
I'm having same issue as koan....it's taking forever for pages to load.....Like a minute or so...compared to a second or two for other websites....

Has something happened to server???

InSearchOf
For some reason in the code there is a javascript that tries to run a script from 192.168.2.26...
Me and DZ are looking into it.

Late
tux
cool.gif I haven't had any problem here using Virgin cable in the UK. Oh and merry Christmas to all. biggrin.gif
dougeeebear
It's pretty slow loading here in Tennessee.
Once I'm logged in it's fine.
koan
Ah yes, I see the problem here:

CODE
        <script type="text/javascript">
            ipsmenu.register( "ipb-tl-search", 'document.getElementById("ipb-tl-search-box").focus();' );
            gbl_check_search_box();
        </script>

<!--ipb.rightlinks.end-->
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://192.168.1.26/~test/test/test/FlashHelper.js"></script>
    </div>
</div>
zmiq2
you can 'solve' this issue by configuring your computer to have an ip addrress in the same offending subnet, like 192.168.1.27; as root, just type

ifconfig eth0:alt 192.168.1.27

and it'll go fast again; of course, I also expect to see the root cause being solved asap ....
dougeeebear
QUOTE(koan @ Dec 21 2009, 03:35 PM) *
The server seem much slower the last few days.
The banner at the top loads up to the line "OESF Portal... Calendar | Members..."

43 seconds to the login page for me.
After logging in it seems to work ok.
Maybe when the holidays are over the Admins will take a look.
InSearchOf
yea, I'm trying to figure out which file has that line in it to comment it out, but I cant find it via the IPB admin console. DZ, has file level access to the webserver to when I get a hold of him, we should be able to resolve this issue.

Late
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.