Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cross Development On Mac
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Everything Development > Qt/Qtopia
koan
Hi

I set up a cross compiler and QT tools to develop for Sharp or Cacko ROMs
on my Intel Mac.

Would anyone be interested if I write a how to guide ?
dhns
QUOTE(koan @ Jan 23 2010, 11:23 PM) *
Hi

I set up a cross compiler and QT tools to develop for Sharp or Cacko ROMs
on my Intel Mac.

Would anyone be interested if I write a how to guide ?

Is it different from http://www.lucid-cake.net/osx_qpe/index_en.html ?

- hns
koan
QUOTE(dhns @ Jan 24 2010, 06:26 PM) *

Yes. I tried to follow that guide but QT embedded will not compile with a modern version of gcc and the patches given at lucid-cake.net are not sufficient to modernise the code.

I have built moc, uic and designer as Mac binaries and set up the configuration for tmake. I could make these binaries available to download plus explain how to set up QT, QT/e and the Sharp SDK with the Quantumstep toolchain as the back end.

If you are already using the lucid-cake system then you don't need my how to.
zaphod
I'm interested because I'd like to build a more recent version of MESS for the Cacko ROM. I have a SL-C1000.

I notice this thread is about a year old. It's a long shot that you're still interested, but just thought I'd ask.
koan
OK, I'll try to put something together.

It would have been much easier last year when everything was fresh in my mind, but I have a working system that I am using so bear with me.
koan
I've uploaded my tutorial to http://www.lyndonhill.com/Projects/zaurus-dev-guide.html

Please let me know if you have any questions or if I can make anything clearer.
jakfish
This is a nice job. I read it, and I don't even have a Mac, nor can I compile software. But it's very well-written, very clear.

Jake
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.