When toying around with my Netwalker I bricked it twice.
So had to do a restore twice already, so here is a manual.
See my blog with latest info!
- PC running linux (I am using Ubuntu/OpenSuse)
- Micro SD-Card (min 4 GB) - IT WILL DELETE ALL FILES ON IT!
- Netwalker Restore Pack - Download
- we have to find out which /dev/sd* is the Micro SD-Card. (You can use Gparted to find out)
Example 1: Your system has 1 harddisk
Harddisk = /dev/sda
Micro SD-Card = /dev/sdb
Example 2: You system has 3 harddisks
Harddisk 1 = /dev/sda
Harddisk 2 = /dev/sdb
Harddisk 3 = /dev/sdc
Micro SD-Card = /dev/sdd
- Now we know which is the Micro SD-Card we can use the following command:
dd if=netwalker.img of=/dev/sdb bs=1M
Be sure to be in the same directory as your netwalker img file, and edit your path to your Micro SD-Card if needed.
dd if=/home/username/Downloads/ netwalker.img of=/dev/sdd bs=1M
- This process will take some time, so go get yourself a coffee/snack and return to your pc after a 15 – 30 minutes.
When you can start your new command in the Teminal it is done.
- Put the micro SD-Card in your Netwalker.
- Hold down the two mouse buttons and start your Netwalker, keep the buttons down even after the Sharp logo.
- A Japanese question will be asked: press Y
- After the restore is done, press ENTER