Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Vote For Dropbox Support On Arm
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Model Specific Forums > Sharp PC-Z1 NetWalker
propofol
I use Dropbox since it simplifies syncing files across the various real & real Windows & Linux computers I have between home & work. They have free storage of 2Gb. Unfortunately they do not have an arm binary yet. Apparently it may be in the works. If any of you use Dropbox, please add a vote on their forums.
Dropbox proprietary arm binary

I anyone is interested, I am using rsync to upload files from my Netwalker to my "always on" server at home over ssh:
CODE
rsync -ave 'ssh' ~/files/ user@homeserver.net:~/Dropbox/

This works but it is not ideal & I need to have a server always running to make it useful.

Regards,
Stefan
Tom Moulton
QUOTE(propofol @ Jul 8 2010, 02:49 AM) *
I use Dropbox since it simplifies syncing files across the various real & real Windows & Linux computers I have between home & work. They have free storage of 2Gb. Unfortunately they do not have an arm binary yet. Apparently it may be in the works. If any of you use Dropbox, please add a vote on their forums.
Dropbox proprietary arm binary

I anyone is interested, I am using rsync to upload files from my Netwalker to my "always on" server at home over ssh:
CODE
rsync -ave 'ssh' ~/files/ user@homeserver.net:~/Dropbox/

This works but it is not ideal & I need to have a server always running to make it useful.

Regards,
Stefan

About 3 hours after your post:

Darren S.> An ARM/PowerPC build is coming some time this year.

He is just a 'Member' so I do not know if that is official... He does post about messages per day...

tom
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.