i've got my 3100 with cf for wifi and gps ; usb for external keyboard.
software : kexecboot and debian sid
kernel : 2.6.36
i wish i enhanced some stuff, and i need your help to know if what i'm thinking is possible.
1) replace the 4GB micro-drive by a CF of 16 or 32 GB ; is there any limitation on the CF card GB size ?
2) I'd like to run wifi and gps at the same moment sometimes. here is my idea :
i'd like to get a "nano wifi" (like this one : http://cgi.ebay.com/Mini-EDUP-Wireless-N-1...b#ht_5120wt_883 )
chipset rtl 8188 csu, supported according to this thread : http://ns.spinics.net/lists/linux-wireless/msg47477.html
and here i have several solutions...
* if possible, transform the big USB in mini USB.
* add a big usb female adapter in my zaurus. i found a place to make it fit under the arrow cross (down right of the keyboard).
* remove the USB adapter, keep only the wifi module, and make it fit under the arrow cross.
the second and third solutions are the ones i prefer, especially the 2nd (new usb female adapter). it would need to change the resistor to 1K (according to albertr, see : http://www.penguin.cz/~utx/zaurus/www.iral...aurus/wireless/ )
add an hole in the zaurus (under the arrow cross), and have 4 electrics wires run into the zaurus to the usb female adapter.
(the third solution requires the same wiring, but no hole in the zaurus).
i obviously can't wire it myself, i don't have the skills. but i wonder if i knew exactly what must be connected "where" and "to what", maybe i could find an electrician near my location that could wire it for me (4 wires, and the 1K resistor).
i need you to advise me about that, what you think about my wishes (CF, and usb nano-wifi).