as already announced, we are working on a new Sync solution for the Mac (http://www.dsitri.de/wiki.php?page=ZMacSync).
This has triggered a lot of interested questions about a first release for testing.
Current status is:
* GUI is defined
* settings are preserved in the UserDefaults database
* ssh connection to Zaurus is being opened to run zdbat on the Zaurus
* Stickies are read into internal data structure on MacOS X
* iCal is partially read into internal data structure on MacOS X
To be done before first release:
* completion of parsing zdbat output into the same data structures
* error checking for ssh connection
* the sync core, i.e. comparing entries and decising which to copy where
So we are still away from a first alpha release which has at least basic functionality to try out. Currently the only things you could see are the user interface and error messages on the Console. So stay tuned...